Sunday, November 19, 2006

Finally able to update!

We have been having so much fun here in WV, but I haven't been able to update to tell about it since mom's computer is still not in "blogging" mode. Tres is here at mom and dad's for a few days before he flys out to California so I am taking advantage of his computer while he's here. While mom was in Myrlte Beach with Rhea, learning sudoku, the kids and I headed to Shelbyville Kentucky to visit our best friends, Nick, Neila and Carson. We had a blast, although I am guessing Nick isn't going to want anymore kids for awhile after our visit. :) Maggie and Owen have had a harder time transitioning this time then they ever had. I am not sure why, Owen just can't seem to get the sleeping at night down yet which has been REALLY exhausting. Thankfully mom and especiallly dad have been great and gotten up with him through the night to give me breaks. Dad seems to have quite a talent for getting him back to sleep so I have pretty much given the night shift to him. I don't know how fair it is since he's actually the only one who has to get up before the sun to go to work. Maggie has gotten the time difference just fine, but has been quite a handful since we got here. I guess that is what happens when your with your grandparents for very long. :)



Karri and I took Maggie and Nicholas to the Clay Center where there is a setup of Sesame Street and it was adorable and so much fun for the kids. The advertisments for it have a huge picture of Elmo so I think they were both a little disapointed that he wasn't there but they still had a really fun time.

We bribed them with the souvineer store so that we could get a cute picture of them on the Sesame Street steps.










Karri and I also got to enjoy a very fun mom's day/night. We went shopping all after noon then had a nice long dinner where we got to catch up and didn't get home until after 9 which meant we got to come home to sleeping babies. We plan to do that again soon while I still have 24 hour help!

And now for the biggest news yet.....

Owen is finally on the go. He has been taking some steps everynow and then but today he walked all the way across the floor over and over again. We kept clapping for him and he seemed to love the attention and kept getting up and walking again. He is still a little wobbly but he will get it. He crawls so fast that I think he hates wasting his time walking and falling when he can get there in a flash crawling. Here are a few pictures of him in action.


Since Maggie didn't walk until 14 months, Owen not until 16 months I am guessing my 3rd baby should walk around 2 years!

We are in for a few busy/fun weeks. Joe gets in Tuesday from Germany and the kids and I head to Ohio wednesday to meet up with him there. We then are going to be in Ohio for Thanksgiving for a few days with Papa, Nana, and Isaac and then are off to Kentucky for the weekend. The week after we are going to Peoria and get to see all our friends there. We will be staying with Mark, Mary and their girls so we are really excited to be back on Colt drive and spending time with them for a few days.
Well, that is all for now, not sure when I will get to post again but I'll try as soon as possible!!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh, I am so so excited! tres says he is doing great. i am glad you updated. i will update soon. i'll try and call soon, but i don't have many more daytime minutes on my phone so i may have to make it after 7.

Anonymous said...

If we all had the same discipline as Amanda :)

Neila-Susan said...

Hey guys,
I love the pics of Maggie and Owen. He really is walking...how auesome! We miss you all and actually Nick spoke of Carson's future sister! So Owen and Maggie didn't scare him too bad. Your children are a blessing to us and we love to hang with all of you anytime! Have a great day!NST

Mary said...

Meg,
I can't believe how much Owen's first steps remind me of Maggie's!
I can't wait to see you all. I miss you guys so much!
p.s I had a sono. today and there was a little heartbeat!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Owen! Come back and visit us soon. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Wendy

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you all are doing well! Sorry we missed you all but I did get to see your mom briefly over the weekend. :) Kirsten

Amanda said...

ok. i know life is a zoo, but time to update again!!!