So, we have all pretty much bummed around all week here at mom and dad's house. Tonight, my sis, Amanda, gets this big idea that she and I should go to a kick boxing class. I agreed, reluctantly. I must admit that the last time I really excercised was before Owen was ever born.(and he is 18 months) Unless of course you count the times that I opted to walk to the store in Germany instead of drive. :) So we get ready and get to the class as it is beginning and for the first 10 minutes or so it wasn't so bad. Amanda had told me the class was an hour long.....just for future reference it actually was an hour and 45 minutes! As for the rest of the class let's just put it this way.........If given the chance I would opt to go through Owen's labor and delivery weekly instead of going back to that class. (And I had Owen 100% naturally) Not only was this workout nonstop for like 2 hours, but we stood in a circle instead of all facing the same way. With all the moves this teacher was having us do it was hard enough to keep up let alone with her facing me so I had to try adn mimic her moves from the opposite direction. We did make it through the class and I will say it did feel good afterwards, but I think next time I will be sure to check whether I am in the beginer or advanced class before I let my sis sign me up for some workout.
We have had fun here this week just hanging out, and I don't know what Maggie is going to do when she has to leave Amanda. If given the option she ALWAYS chooses to stay with Amanda as opposed to going anywhere with me. They have sung and danced constantly and Maggie has leanred quite a few ballet moves from Amanda.
The kids and I are headed back to Shelbyville tommorow to spend the weekend with Joe before he heads to Alabama for all of next week. I think Mom, Dad, and Amanda are coming up Friday for a day or two so they can see the house so far and our new town. We will be back at mom and dad's for all of next week and then hopefully the following week we will be in our home....I am not getting my hopes too high yet though. There is still quite a bit to get done before then.
6 comments:
My wife the exercise instructor... I am sure you and Amanda made Billy Blanks proud
Meg,
Are you sore today?
I was able to get caught up this evening on your blog and so glad I did. How surprising that I made the blog! What a thrill!
And I have to say, I know where Amanda gets all that energy and excitement for exercise. There are days that MIMI has to drag me for our three mile treks. The woman is a walking machine!
The pictures of the kids are adorable. And of course Maggie was perfect for the pictures, the girl has had plenty of practice. (mom you are so good with pictures!) I noticed several pictures where she was not only dressed like Aunt Amanda but she truly looked like her. And, oh my, Owen has grown up! I must see the kids next week before you take off. After all, I hear I'm family even if MIMI doesn't know it.
Your new home is beautiful. I wish you many happy days there!
We're glad to hear you all are doing well! Love the pictures! :) Kirsten and family
mary,
sunday and my arms/shoulders are still sore.
Hey Meghan!
It's been forever. I can't wait until you get settled in your new house. Love all the pictures!
Post a Comment