Monday, July 13, 2009

Recap of our week

Last week seems like a whirlwind, but a fun one. The kids had tennis lessons all week which meant we had to be at the park at 9 am. We went to the pool for the day after lessons which meant I had to have not only the kids at the park, dressed with raquets, but also all our swim gear and lunch for myself and Maggie (since she won't eat free lunch). And all of this by 9 am, which we aren't ususally all even up by then! So it was quite a feat each morning.

Tennis went well, the kids liked it and had a fun time. I took some pictures the last day with my phone, they were hitting water balloons instead of tennis balls.












Owen's balloon kept hitting the ground and boucning so finally he just picked it up and threw it back at Mr. Dennis, which burst all over him. Owen thought it was very funny. At this age I can't say whether either will have a future in tennis but at least it let them try it out.








Josie got ahold of one of Sheila's girls goggles one day at the pool and wanted them on.









She walked around the pool for awhile like this.






Free lunch is one of the highlights of our summers and so I took a picture of the kids waiting in line to get their lunch the other day so we could always remember it.















As you can see, Josie greatly enjoys free lunch.





Owen usually does too. Maggie, she just enjoys the social aspect of it.

















Josie and Molly were having fun the other day playing. Here is Josie doing her best to push Molly in the stroller.

















She must be pretty smart as she had been trying to push from the top but eventually figured out it was much easier to push when she pushed from the bottom. And here is the cutest picture of Josie posing and saying cheese on the playground.










Although Joe didn't like the fact that she appears to have cleavage here. :) I told him she just hasn't lost all the baby fat yet. haha.












The water slide at the pool is where Maggie and Owen (and now Josie) spend a great deal of their time while we are at the pool. Here is Owen coming off the slide.




















He and Bella are two peas in a pod and if given enough time together could probably stir up quite a bit of trouble.






I LOVED this picture of them from the pool the other day. Not sure what exactly was going on but she seemed to be getting a kick out of whatever Owen was doing. I told Shannon if they ever get married this would be a cute slide show picture.












We went to a picnic at Maggie's school-to-be last Thursday evening. They had food and fireworks which was really nice. We met alot of really nice families who also have children there so it was nice to get to talk with them. Here is Owen eating some watermelon.























And lastly, Josie and her trademark face.....













On a funny note....things I want to remember the kids saying:

The other day Owen had had a REALLY bad day and had pushed things as far as he could. I took him in the room to spank him and talked to him to be sure he understood why he was getting punished. As I am getting ready to spank him he says, "Hold on mommy, just tell me, are you gonna spank hard!!???" (Is there any other way to spank???) So he gets his punishment and we are getting up he says, "Mommy, how do you think what you just did makes Jesus feel???? I think He is SOOO mad at you!!!"

And Maggie has been quite inquisitive on the President once again. The other day in the car she was asking me questions and I was trying my best to answer her in the best way to answer a 5 year old. She told me the she liked John McCain because he looked like a man who would go to church. I told her that yes, I could see why she would think that. And she said,"but Obama Mommy....well, he just looked like...well, a cook." Where she comes up with this stuff I have no idea. But she is a sponge right now and LOVES to talk politics, religion, etc. So I am filling that sponge up with all the things I want her to soak up!

Owen's birthday is this week so we are getting ready to celebrate him turning 4! I cannot belive it.
So there is our week in a nutshell!!

No comments: