My kids LOVE berries. I mean they really love them! Strawberries, blue berries, raspberries and blackberries. I cannot keep them stocked in the house for more than a day or two.
Josie's favorite are blackberries. So since we went strawberry picking earlier in the summer she has been asking to pick blackberries. I finally found a place near us that had a place to pick. It was quite a drive there but we finally found it.
It was a family that had a huge blackberry farm on their land and it was gorgeous out there.
The kids all got their own buckets to collect in and they went to town.
There were berries everywhere and the lady had explained to them to only pick/eat the dark ones, the red ones were still ripening.
I wasn't sure how well Emmie Jayne would follow this rule but she did, she kept saying, "Not the red ones!"
Owen wasn't nearly as picky about how ripe his berries were! He was picking all different shades!
Emmie Jayne was the first to try them out while they were picking.
And than the others joined in...
Maggie was my pickiest of them all. She only picked the ripest, darkest, and prettiest blackberries.
It was so hot out but they all seemed to enjoy themselves and didn't mind the heat.
Emmie Jayne got bored of picking berries after awhile and decided it was more fun to run up and down the rows! I am pretty sure she lost all her blackberries she had picked.
They took a quick break to let me take a picture
and to sample the berriest!
The little girls got done before Maggie and Owen and Josie had the job of combining their berries together in one big basket.
The the older two added theirs.
You can't tell from the picture but Josie's hands were covered in berry juice. I told her no denying she had eaten them!
I caught Maggie strolling down the rows when she thought nobody was watching.
As the day went on Emmie got more and more sleepy...
not sure how we cheered her up for a quick smile...
but it didn't last long!!
This was our cue that it was time to leave!
So we headed up to the house to pay and cool down with some water.
When we got up there the lady and her grandkids had made blackberry ice cream and let us sample some. It was delicious!
Emmie had her ice cream and found a place to rest on the porch
And then I looked over and found Josie with her water, just relaxing on their porch swing!!
We came home with a ton of blackberries that I am sure won't last more than a week! The kids had so much fun doing this so I am thinking we will add this to our list of things to do in the summers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment