Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gettin' better

So this baby is taking quite a toll on me, I have been pretty nauseated for a few weeks, it pretty much lasts 24 hours so I get up through the night even to munch on crackers to ease the sickness some. I am hoping this doesn't mean it's going to be a difficult baby as well. :) I am feeling some better today which is nice, and hopefully will be able to throw some dinner together. So far the thought of messing with food and making something doesn't set well with me so we've been eating alot of cereal and sandwiches. Last weekend Joe's parents and brothers came up to visit, Matt flew in from Kansas as a suprise as well so that was fun. We all went to the pool one day and the kids got to show off their "swimming abilities." It was nice to have a few extra pairs of hands at the pool so I got a little "lay out" time to myself. Yesterday Maggie and I were folding laundry and I looked out back and saw a deer pretty close to the house.




It was eating the bird feed from one of my neighbors millions of bird/squirrel feeders they have set up. (It would appear I have national geographic's wildlife lovers nextdoor) Well, Maggie thought it was so cool and spent the next 20 minutes watching it.
Last night I went to a Pharm Rep dinner at a really nice restaurant in Louisville with Neila. The food was awesome and since she's been on vacation for a week it was great to hang out and catch up with her as well. Joe took the kids to Chuck e cheese for dinner and they had alot of fun, which I got home at 10 30 Maggie and Joe were still up making cookies. She told me they were having a PARTY. So it seems they had a good time as well.
I took the kids to the Library today, the blue apple players were there putting on a show for the kids and Maggie absolutley loved it. At one point they were doing the 3 billy goats gruff and asked for volunteers. Maggie was breaking her next trying to get picked, and when they didn't pick her she just strutted up their with the kids they did pick. I had to tell her to come back and sit down and she did, but she was pretty annoyed she didn't get picked. She said, "mom, i can do it, i would be good." It was a really cute program they put on so I was glad we went. AFter that we went to lunch with some friends and are now home for naps. Tommorow I hope to get Owen's 2 year pictures taken. I can't belive his birthday is less than a months away. I have to get started on his party plans. Joe leaves this weekend for Alabama for the week so the kids and I are going to head to WV to visit. We can't wait to see mom's new kitchen! WEll, I am going to rest while I have the chance!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Meg,
I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better. It makes me about sick just thinking about those first few weeks of pregnancy!