Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Much needed rain

We are finally getting some much needed rain and although I would rather be enjoying the pool right now, I am glad our grass is getting watered so it will green back up. This morning the kids and I got up and headed to the movies to meet Al and Tucker to see "Curious George" at our movies. They do a free movie every week for kids but I obviously got the day mixed up since it is actually Wed. and Thurs and not Monday and Tues like I had thought. So since our plans got cancelled we just headed to the Library to get some books and movies and then went to the park to play awhile. Maggie and I are now just relaxing and watching the end of a movie before she goes down for nap. Yesterday the kids went to the dentist for their 6 month check ups and did great. Maggie went first and did great of course, she is always very agreeable at the doctors or dentist and does whatever they ask her. The dentist said at Owen's age they usually don't clean the teeth since the kids aren't really old enough to sit and cooperate through a full cleaning (He has been to the dentist before so I already knew they probably wouldn't clean his) so she said they just look at them adn count them and such. Well, Maggie hadn't gotten out of the seat before Owen says, "BoBo's turn, Bo Bo's turn!" He climbed up in the chair and laid back, opened his mouth and said, "My teeth!" She decided to see what would happen and began cleaning his teeth. He sat there the entire time and let her do the whole cleaning and even let her put flouride on his teeth afterwards. I was quite surprised but I guess Maggie made it look like fun to him. Afterwards they got to pick out toys from the "toy box" there and we headed home for lunch.
Tommorow is Carons's birthday so we are heading to their house in the morning so help Neila get things set up for his party tommorow evening. The kids are really excited about his party and I am sure they will have fun. Well, just wanted to give a little update! (for you mom. :)

No comments: