Sunday, October 21, 2007

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY MAGGIE MAE!!!

Today is Maggie's 4th birthday and she had a fun weekend of celebrating. Her best buddy Amanda got her Thursday evening so she (and Owen) were so happy to see her. They got right into play mode when they saw her and she didn't let them down. While she kept them busy I got to working on Maggie's cake for her party yesterday. She picked out a tough one and I must say it took me nearly 3 days all together but turned out really cute and she was so happy with it that it was totally worth it!












Her party was alot of fun and it was great to have everyone there to celebrate with her. She of course insisted on dressing up like a princess so I gave her one of her new princess dresses since her other one is a 2 and way too small. She told me that it was okay, since Owen was 2 he could wear it and it should fit him. ;) Don't worry, Owen didn't dress up like a princess for the party...haha.















She had her favorite for her birthday dinner, soup....and I made chili as well and got chick fil a nuggets for those who don't prefer soup.
















After that it was singing happy birthday and digging into the cake which was a big hit with everyone....especially all the kiddos as you can see. I think this is the only time all of them were seated for longer than a minute.




















We moved right on to present opening which Maggie did in record time....Joe says it was the fastest birthday party he'd ever been to.









Maggie loved her party and the kids all had fun, as well as the adults. The guys spent a good deal in front of the TV watching the UK game since I had her party right at game time....Owen had 2 of his buddies there...Bella and Carlyn. I think they had fun together and get the feeling the 3 of them could get themselves into quite a bit of trouble if they hung out together for awhile.....They are all within a month or 2 of each other and were so cute to watch.












Here are a few more pics from her party.





(I love this pic of you Sis......you have GREAT teeth!)























Today I got a great day of "rest" from all the work of getting things ready for her party. Neila Susan and I headed out early and went to Indidana to the outlets and shopped ALL DAY. It was great to get out and hang out with her kid free and to stock up on clothes for the kiddos. We had a great time and decided we need to make this a quartly trip.....we just have to get Joe and Nick onboard that idea I suppose.

Well, tommorow is library and I begin baking AGAIN for Maggie's birthday party at school on Tuesday. We are taking cupcakes with pink icing....which Maggie is okay with although she really wanted to take banana bread muffins but some kid in her class is allergic to fresh fruit????(weird) I am going to go help with her party and my friend Shannon is going to keep Owen for me. I hope to sneak in before she knows I am there so I can see her in action at preschool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake is darling! Nice job!

Kendra White said...

Awesome party. That cake is to amazing. You should start a business! Happy Birthday Maggie!

valurena said...

ok, so why won't you do my wedding cake? you are soo good at this. gary's friggin sis n law thinks she's doing it. WHATEVER! come on ... you owe me for not wanting to be in the weddding. yup, i just blasted out that for all to read. hahaha ... :)

Anonymous said...

meg...you did a great job on maggie's cake! really cute. i wish we could have been there! love you!
lori

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time, you need to be a professional party planner! Or the Martha Stewart of Shelbyville.
:) Kirsten