Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More Fall Fun

So we have had a week of parties and candy....and it's not even halloween yet! Sunday I took the kids to the Summit halloween night and they had alot of fun. Radio Disney was there and had lots of games for the kids to play and stations set up where they could get candy. Since the stations were set up around the mall I also got to shop a little....although I only really returned stuff. Maggie was a little bummed that she didn't win any of the prizes they were giving out though. They went through the kids and let them say whatever they wanted to add to a halloween story that the DJ had started. The kids were saying "halloweeny" things like mummys, bats, blood, etc. When it came to Maggie she says, "and they lived happily ever after." Everyone thought it was really cute and I was glad my child didn't partake in the guts and gore of the story!

Monday was the library party and mainly consisted of halloween books being read and a few games....and lots of treats.
















Maggie decided to take a break from being Dorthy for the day and wore one of her new princess gowns and went as sleeping beauty.
















Owen wasn't about to wear anything but Superman though. He was in heaven as they had a long table set up with chips, candy, cookies, popcorn, juice boxes, etc. right at his level.


















This is Owen's idea of a party and boy did he party. No matter what was on his plate he was racing back for "just one more" treat.





When Joe got home from work last night we decided to carve the pumpkins...or should I say, let Joe carve them!















I knew Maggie would opt out of this...aside from watching and giving instructions. But I thought Owen would jump right in at all the gooo......I was wrong. Joe would ask him to help him get out the seeds and he would say, "nope, too yucky. I can't." So we all sat and watched Joe carve the first 2. They really liked when Joe would pull out the goo and say "yuck".
















Owen cracked up everytime.










We told them we would do the other 2 tonight and Maggie got a baby pumpkin at her preschool party today so I guess we will be making 3.



I got Owen's haircut this morning after we dropped Mag off at preschool. She cut it alot shorter than I wanted...but it grows so fast it won't matter. Here he in his halloween shirt today. Isn't he cute!

























Today was Maggie's preschool Fall/Harvest party. They didn't dress up, which was fine by me. Maggie got to wear her cute pumpkin outfit and looked adorable. Owen and I got there at playtime and Owen had a blast playing with Maggie at her school.






















Maggie spent alot of her time riding on the cute bikes they have there but was really good about showing Owen all the slides and toys to play with. We headed up for the party and the kids sang some songs they learned at school.

















Maggie I must say was the star of this, she sang like.....well, the way maggie always sings....LOUD. She usually puts alot of moves in with her singing but seemed to calm it down some today. Owen enjoyed himself, but I will definetly try to find someone to keep him for the next party since I spend most of my time keeping him under control and don't get to focus much on Maggie. Once they had snacks and I found him a seat (he was not happy about not having a seat at the preschool table) he was pretty happy with his cookies and cheetos.




















Maggie had fun playing some games and was really good at them. Here are a few pictures of her with her friends,













she is about a head taller than the others in her class so I guess she's definetly got her daddy's height.


Here she is with Haley, who is also in her dance class, sunday school class, and plays soccer...so we see alot of her.
















And this is her best buddy, Kate, who we hear lots about. Kate's mom says Kate also talks about Maggie all the time.

















Here is Maggie and Mrs. Boyd, her preschool teacher who is great. I am hoping Owen gets her as well when he goes.














Well, that is what we've been up to. I am about partied out. Maggie has dance this evening and tommorow we are going to get their pictures done at the mall. I have a coupon that expires tommorow so I want to at least get my free ones. We are then headed to church tommorow night for "trunk or treat" after we hit a few houses in the neighborhood. Trunk or treat should be alot of fun, they have food, smores, and lots of cars with candy plus blow up jumpers and hayrides. We signed up to be a "trunk" and were told to expect about 200-300 kids so I am going to have to make a walmart run to make sure we have plenty of candy.
After all the parties and trick or treating, we HAVE to get started on getting the babies room ready and Owen moved over to his new room. We were going to move Maggie but she loves her room and it's already painted and set up for her while Owen's isn't so it will be alot less work for him to move than Maggie. Well, that is what we've been up to.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Meg,
You made my post a pg. pic. of me, so let us see you!

Kendra White said...

What are we doing Josie's room in. I was just at making end's meet in Shelbyville and they had AMAZING girl nursery fabrics. You should check it out... and I know a good seamstress:)