We had a really fun night tonight. Joe met us after work out at the Summit for their light up Christmas night. We ate at O'charleys and then headed over to the outdoor mall to see if we could meet up with Santa. We got there just minutes before he arrived and it worked out perfect as we were right where he and Mrs. Clause got out so Maggie got to shake both their hands which she thought was neat. AFter they lit up the tree there were fireworks which both my kids love and that kept their attention while we waited in line to get pics with Santa. It was pretty cold out, I believe around 38 degrees.....which is cold here in Ky but was nothing compared to our time in Peoria. That was a warm day if I remember right. :) The kids did great waiting in line and both hopped right up with Santa.
Owen looked at him and said, "I want toys!" as he chewed a big wad of gum. I knew he wouldn't be the least bit scared of him as Owen loves people dressed up. I wasn't sure how Maggie would be but she got right up there and smiled for her picture. When she got down I asked her if she told him what she wanted and she said, "oh no....I forgot to!" So we walked back adn she told him that she wanted pets and a stuffed dog and cat. He told her Okay, so I guess those need to go on the shopping list. We then headed to starbucks for some hot chocolate to warm up some. Joe has been out of town this week, so it was fun for us all to just get to hang out.
Nick started working for Joe's company this week so he was out of town as well this week with Joe so Neila and Carson came over and spent a few nights with us as she doesn't like staying home alone either so that was fun.
We are headed into WV tommorow, my Papa Whitey died this week so his funeral is this weekend. I was looking at pictures of him over the past year and couldn't believe how much he changed in the year. As sad as it is to lose someone, I think it is sadder to see them get worse and getting sicker so I am glad all that is over for him. Keep my grandma in your prayers as I am sure it will be hard for her after being with someone so many years.
I belive Maggie is going to be our politically "incorrect" child. It seems anymore we never know what she is going to say, and although it's innocent it is somewhat embarassing. Tonight there was a girl in a wheelchair at the mall and Owen was over eyeing her "set of wheels". I told Joe to go get him as he was obviously checking her out and Maggie walked over to him and said, "come on Owen....she is sick." Quite loudly I might say. And Monday we were in the store shopping for stuff to put in our shoeboxes for Operation Christmas at church. Maggie was asking me who the stuff was for and I told her it was for kids that don't get alot. Well, they must have leanred about this at preschool because she says, "oh yeah mom, I learned about that at preschool....it is for all the poor kids." There were several people around us at the time, a few of them looked to not be so well off and maggie would not stop talking about these boxes and how they go to all these POOR people who don't have anything. I tried to tell her that she shouldn't call them "poor kids" as it didn't sound so nice but she said, "mom, that is what they said at preschool." Anyhow, we got our stuff and got out of there and went home to fill up our boxes for the "poor kid."
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, Meghan. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Kirsten and Family
i miss you all already. hope maggie and joe have fun ringing bells for santa.
Post a Comment