Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Still here

Since I haven't posted since trick or treat I should have alot to post about but really I don't so much. We have been super busy...but I am not sure doing why! Last weekend we went to Light up Shelbyvile with Neila and Carson and had alot of fun. It is where they get downtown set up for Chrsitmas and have all kinds of vendors out adn they shut down the streets. They also have horse and carriage rides which the kids thought was alot of fun.








Joe's birthday was last week but we didn't really do much for it. i did make him his favorite dessert so he seemed happy with that. Maggie was pretty upset that Joe didn't get a party though. She colored him some pages and brought them to me to wrap and told me to save enough paper for everyone else. I asked her what she meant and she said, you know, for everyone else coming to his party. I tried to explain to her that grownups don't usually have parties to which her response was, "well patti k is grown up and she had one." Anyhow, I think she felt bad for Joe and Owen didn't seem to understand why daddy didn't have a birthday cake.

I worked a few days last week for someone who took their vacation. Wednesday Joe stayed home and kept the kids which meant a day of fun. He took them to Chuck E. Cheese and then to Toys R Us to get a new toy. (this was since Maggie made a goal at her last soccer game) They had a fun time it sounded like. Amanda took a few days and came down to keep the kids for me on Thursday and Friday which was super nice of her!! I think she was really glad to see them, and I know they were to see her. So that meant 2 more fun filled days with Aunt Amanda who is quite a good player. She got to go to Maggie's soccer banquet Thursday night.








Maggie got a trophey, which she referred to as her piston cup (if you have seen the movie cars you know why). She was pretty excited about that and Owen was a handful all night.










This picture sums him up.











He ran up to get a trophey at one point when they called a "mollie" up. Next year he'll be old enough to play so he will get his own trophy.

Thursday I took Maggie to preschool on my way to work and Amanda and Owen had the morning to play.





















When I brought her home from preschool at lunch it was Owen's naptime so Maggie got amanda all to herself for the afternoon.













So that worked out nicely that they both had their own time with her. Friday was a different story and she got to see why I say they are both so easy when they aren't together. She said they were really good for her which I am happy about since anymore when they are together I never know what to expect. It was good to hang out with her too and we got to catch up a little at night after the kids went to sleep. She got to bond with Josie a little too and feel her kicking around!








Come back soon sis!

Saturday Neila and I left out pretty early for our "girls spa day". We went shopping and had massages at Z salon, then to lunch and shopped a little more. It was alot of fun and I could so handle that massage weekly! Sunday was church and when Joe dropped Owen off in his room he walked in adn said, "hey everybody." He seems to really enjoy his class now which is nice. I knew eventually he'd get it. Monday I spent cooking ALL day for MOPS today. My friend Shelia took Maggie to preschool for me since her little boy is in the same class so that made it alot easier on me. And Owen did awesome. He usually cries the entire 2 hours but today he went right in class and played the entire time so that was a huge step. They did tell me he had to go to time out because at one point the door opened and he bolted out and when they lady went to get him he "hit her and knocked her glasses off." Although Owen beats the heck out of Maggie....he really isn't the kind of kid that hits adults, especially ones he doesn't know. So I am guessing it was more of him throwing his arms up when she went to pick him up (which he does as he has figured out it's harder to get him up when he does that) and accidentally knocked her glasses off. Anyhow, I was glad they didn't just let it go and did give him a time out....but he is sure making a name for himself.


Today we have just bummed around this afternoon. I have been exhausted and my doctors office called last week to tell me to come back in to do my glucose test again as my results were super low. My hct and hgb had dropped more as well (I still haven't picked up my RX for iron....a month later) so with those so low as well as my glucose I guess that is my reason for exhaustion. So I plan to make it in this week sometime to recheck it and find out what is going on. I was just happy it wasn't high! Well, off to bed.

1 comment:

Kendra White said...

Meg-- you look great. If you want to come to Lexington to shop for the holidays and want some time to shop without the kiddos we would love to have the over to play!