Thursday, December 20, 2007

I can't believe it's less than a week until Christmas...I am sooo not ready. I haven't wrapped any gifts yet which is not like me....ususally by now I am totally done with everything but it seems I keep having reasons to put it off. Last week Maggie had her Christmas party at school and had fun.













Owen and I went as well which didn't turn out so well. He didn't understand why he couldn't sit with the kids at their table and why he couldn't sing their songs with them so it turned into more of me keeping him occupied and quiet than anything.

Mom and Dad came down friday so Joe and I were able to get out on a date night which was great. We ended up going to his office and taking care of a few things he had forgotten to do and then driving around looking for something that looked good to eat before finally ending up at the Outback at like 9:00. It was nice to get out and catch up on grown up talk though....and even nicer to come home to the kids asleep. Saturday was Maggie's dance recital which turned out really cute.
















She was so cute and seemed to enjoy being up on the stage. Mom and dad were going to head out and go on to Amanda's for a few days after her recital but the weather had gotten bad there so they just decided to stay with us another night, which the kids were thriled about.












They had constant playmates and story-tellers (mom's specialty) for another day. We were going to go out that night but the weather was pretty yucky so we just got pizza and Dad and Joe got all the "Bourne" movies and had a movie night....Amanda was jealous and thought it sounded like a perfect night...mom and I decided to sit upstairs and talk. :)

This week I have not done alot....I am feeling very pregnant these days and haven't had alot of get up and go. Yesterday the kids and I headed into Louisville to try to finsih up last minute shopping. We ended up staying there all day but didn't get much of anything. They played at the playground at the mall along time and really enjoyed that. This morning I got going early and left for Lexington at 930 to get the baby bed. We picked it up and then decided to spend the day there checking out all the great new shopping they have. We didn't get back home until about 5 so it was along day but the kids were great and ended up napping in the car on the way home. I found a basinett for a pretty good price as well there so I went ahead and got it so I will have somewhere to put the baby when she gets here. I borrowed one with Maggie and Owen so that is one thing I didn't have and since her room is upstairs I definetly needed as I know I won't be up to going up and down steps all night long to feed her.

The kids are asleep now and I am pretty bummed as greys anatomy is once again a rerun! Tommorow we have no plans other than to get a few things from the store and probably make some christmas cookies as I have dropped the ball there as well and haven't made any.

Funny story.....6 pm is always pretty crazy around our house. It is when I am trying to finish up dinnner, Joe is due home, and the kids are wild. Well, monday was like anyother evening with the kids acting crazy and loud while I was trying to get things finsihed up so it would be ready to eat when Joe got home. I told them they both needed to sit down on a couch and take a time out and just be quiet and think......but not talk about what they were thinking! Maggie did well but Owen could not sit still so I sat with him in the corner and held him really still and told him I wanted him to have peace and just sit still. So I showed him how to sit and told him that was having peace and just sit there quietly. He did for a minute or so and I applauded him teling him how good it was that he sat so still. He looked up at me and said, "okay mommy....where are my peas?" So as I was thinking we were having a break through moment and he was learning about having peace, he was just thinking if he sat there he'd get some peas (one of his favorite foods) I was laughing so hard by then that I told them to just get back up and go back to being "themselves."

2 comments:

Carothers in Cahoots said...

That is an excellent story about peas. Perfect for Christmas! I will be repeating it often! I sympathize with your lack of being ready. I'm sure you'll see the time stamp on this, and I haven't been to bed yet because I'm trying to get out of here tomorrow. I'll miss all of you this Christmas! Love always.

Mary said...

Meg,
Great peas story! I HATE peas, but Emma loves them so she always goes around griping to people that she never gets peas. I introduced them to Ryan and he very OBVIOUSLY despised them, yet he would open up his mouth over and over again for another bite every time I held them up. It was hilarious!