We have been so busy for the past week, I will be glad when Josie gets here and we have an excuse to just sit home all day doing nothing! Last Thursday Owen and I dropped off Maggie at preschool and headed to Lexington to baby furniture shop. There is a great baby store there that I really like that has great furniture so that is where we were headed. The whole way there I watched the interstate coming back to make sure there weren't any major traffic jams since I know there often are and I didn't want to get caught in anything on my way back to get maggie at noon. We got to the store in about 30 minutes so I didn't figure we'd have any problems, found a great crib and got it and looked around a little more before heading back. I had a good hour to get back but got stuck in horrible traffic about halfway there and realized there was NO WAY I was going to be there in time to get Maggie. I literaly almost had a panic attack on the interstate.....so I called Neila-Susan at work and thankfully I have an awesome friend who left work and went to pick her up for me and took her back to her office until I got there. I felt so horrible as this is totally not me to EVER be late when it comes to getting my kids. I told Maggie I was so sorry and she said, "mom, don't worry...I thought it was cool that Neila-Susan picked me up." So she was pretty happy with the way things turned out.
Friday we met up with Joe for dinner at the mall and then went to attempt a family picture. Well, Owen was his ususal self when I try to get a picture of him and we didn't get one.....although I did get one of the two of them that is okay. I worked Saturday morning and then had planned on heading to Lexington to get my baby bed and see my friend Kirsten's new baby. But we were swamped with sick kiddos so I didn't get home until almost 3 from the office and I was making dinner for my friend Shannon who had a baby the week before we we just stayed in for the rest of the evening. Sunday I was totally exhausted after church so I came home, put Owen down for a nap and layed down myself. Joe took Maggie bowling which she really liked. Sunday evening Joe and I headed to Louisville with the kiddos and ate at PF Changs which was great.
Monday was our Christmas party at the library and the kids got to wear their PJ's which they thought was neat. They had fun reading christmas books and eating lots of snacks. We had their dentist appoitnment that morning before hand and both kids did great and got a clean bill of "tooth" health. My kids for some reason don't mind going to the doctor and dentist at all, even Owen hopped right up in the chair and let them brush, floss and check his teeth without one problem. So that made for a quick easy trip.
Tuesday didn't run nearly as smoothly. It was MOPS so we had to get an early start to get things set up there and get Maggie off to preschol as well. Owen was not happy about going to MOPS and halfway into it they had me come get him as he wouldn't stop crying. When I went to get him I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I want you...not that mean guy!!" And points to one of the ladies in the room. I assured her that I knew she was not mean to him and that he calls everyone a mean guy when he's upset. Anyhow, I ended up just taking him with me into MOPS and he laid on my chest the rest of the time. I had to wake the kids up at 7:30 that morning which is early for them so I am guessing he was just tired. (at least that is my excuse for his behavior that day) After we got maggie from preschool we had to go to the post office to mail off something that HAD to go out that day. Well, I have NEVER had a public experience like this before with Owen. He was absolutly awful.......as in like if I had seen an ad to buy a little 2 year old boy I would have entertained the idea. He broke the copy machine, scremaed, kicked, etc. And the whole time he was saying, "mommy your a mean guy." I was pretty sure they were calling the cops to follow me home to make sure I didn't kill him when we were out of the public eye. I actually stayed pretty calm and when we did get there gave him a well deserved spanking and put him to bed without lunch. He fell asleep within minutes and was happy as can be when he woke up....and pretty darn hungry. So we packed him a lunch and took Maggie to her last dance class before her recital reherasal thursday. Her recital is this Saturday so that should be cute. She told me today though that she just wanted to play soccer next year, not dance. So Joe was happy about that. She was writing a letter the other day (pretending) and reading out loud what she was writing and I heard her say, "I miss you and and I hope someday I am a big star like my aunt amanda." I thought it was so cute and knew you'd love that sis!! Even a 4 year old can see your star quality! Well, we are having a PJ day and cleaning house some so I am off to get productive.
Oh, I forget my doctors appointment....i had one friday morning and an ultrasound. My placenta has moved up nicley so I am good to go to deliver, woohoo!! Josie is about 4 lbs. 3 oz. and that is 50% average for babies her same age. She looked perfect and her head is already engaged.....so she is getting a literal head start on life. I knew she had to be low as I have been having lots of pressure...and I have contractions quite a bit as well. So that is fine with me as it will get things moving along and when her big day comes it should be fairly easy! At least that is my plan. :) Well, just wanted to update you about that as well!!
2 comments:
OH my gosh, I have never laughed so hard. That "mean guy" story is hilarious.
Ok, now I'm really afraid!!
Does Josie have a middle name yet??
Post a Comment