Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back again!

Okay, so I have really turned into a horrible blogger. I am not sure why, I have time to get on the computer to do other things but blogging seems to require more thought maybe?
The kids and I went in to West Virginia week before last since Joe was gone to Mexico. I didn't do a very good job taking pictures, but we had alot of fun. This was Josie's first trip there to meet everyone, she did wonderful and sleeping went much better than I had expected for the kids. Mom got Maggie a princess sleeping bag which she LOVED and thought it was so cool to sleep in that. We got to see all my family (except Liv and Durell) while we were home which was great. Jay, Julie and their girls are moving back to WV so we got to see them some too.
Mama Sue came out to see the kids and meet Miss Josie, and she brought them cookies of course.









I got to have a night out with Tab as well which is always fun. I also got to see my friend Karri and her boys and meet up with Brooke and her little girl for lunch so it was a fun, eventful week.













Mom cooked all our favorites for us while we were in. Maggie had her "mimi soup" everyday, banana bread, peanut butter fudge, and my favorite chocolate cake with homemade icing. We had delicious dinners as well. Owen was happy to get to see Uncle Jim and loved his pinball machine he let him play with.












We went to JR, Lori's and TJ's one night and Maggie and Owen had fun playing with him and jumping on his trampoline.
Joe had a hot week in Mexico, he called me one day and it was 103 degrees....and poor Joe had on a long sleeved shirt! The kids were glad to see him when we got back home.
Last week Maggie had a field trip at preschool to a farm here in town. They had a hayride, went to the petting zoo, and had a picnic. I took Josie and Owen along as well and although it was pretty cold outside the kids all had fun. Maggie enjoyed playing with all her friends and we went out to lunch with a few of her friends afterwards.




















Josie turned 3 months last week and is getting so big and so cute! She has moved upstairs to her room now and is sleeping very well. She is such a happy, laid back baby. As long as she's fed she is pretty happy just sitting watching everyone.

Owen made a major achievment last week. He figured out how to climb out of his bed. And he is like spiderman....no thud when he hits the ground...he just scales down the side of the bed, you have no clue he's out until he is standing beside you. Maggie never climbed out of her bed (she still can't get out of a baby bed if she is in one) and Owen will be 3 this summer so I guess I made it along time with nobody climbing out. We went to look for big beds for him but didnt' find any furniture we liked and Owen seems to have slowed down on his spiderman skills as I haven't had much more of a problems with him climbing out after the first night. Naps are find as well so I am just going to see how long things continue well in the baby bed before I move to the next step.

I am sure there are a million things I could talk about the past week or so but right now my mind is blank and I am thinking it's time to get outside and enjoy the great weather. Here are a few pics of the kids last week.















Someday she will kill me for this picture, but how cute is she right now!













5 comments:

The Oakes said...

those pictures of owen and maggie are so cute! glad you had fun in WV. im hoping to get there sometime this summer. oh and that last picture of josie looks so much like joe.

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures and your blog as usual! The kids are too cute!
:) Kirsten

Amanda said...

the 2nd pic looks like owen is pinching josie. that one of her with the belly is too funny. was owen feeding the goat an ice cream cone? maggie mae is such a model.

Anonymous said...

Meghan- Tristan first climbed out of his crib last summer - and he's still sleeping in it!! It was a short phase. Maybe it will be for Owen too.
PS Thanks for the shoes.

Wendy

Larry McCallister, Jr. said...

At Lakewood Church tonight Sue told me she was online in a pic with the kids. She was so happy! I thought I'd take a look for myself! :-)