So my last blog was short and sweet so I thought I would blog a little more while everyone is sleeping. First of all I am proud to say I have not had a coke or sweet tea since last Thursday! As you saw on my sis's blog her secret indulgence is mcdonalds cheeseburgers and fries (which I must say pleased me very much Amanda!). Well, McDonalds in general (especially the fries and coke) are my NOT so secret indulgence! So I began dieting and working out a week ago and have already dropped 4 pounds so that is motivation to keep it up! Anyhow, I knew my mom and sis would be happy to hear of my new eating habits. :)
As for Owen and his bed climbing skills....which as I mentioned are pretty impressive. I about died the first night he did it and showed up in our room...Joe took him back up to bed and I hear them talking...I am thinking Joe is giving him a lecture about not getting out of his bed. Nope, Joe was so impressed with how fast and quietly he got out he was having him show him exactly how he does it! So I went up to be the "bad guy" and show him that this was NOT going to fly with me, especually since I am the one who has to have his naptime go smoothly...for my sanity! After a few incidences he finally figured out he was not winning and for the most part he has stayed in. Naps are not a problem at all Thank Jesus!
For those who know the Growing Kids God's Way class, that is what we have done with our kids and I believe is the main reason they are such great sleepers. Well, by Josie's age the other two were totally with the eat, play, sleep schedule. They ALWAYS napped in their beds and were only rocked to sleep occasionly. Josis has gotten lucky for her first 2 months of life, being the 3rd she doens't have the luxery of being home for all her "scheduled naps." So she naps whereever she will whenever she feels like it for the most part. Eating is about the same way...if I have 10 minutes than she nurses....because it may be another hour or two before I can sit down and feed her! Well, a few weeks ago I decided it was time to "ezzo" her to make life a little more structured for her. She has done awesome, I never drempt she'd go right to sleep in her crib for naps since she has usually been napping in her swing, carseat, or my arms! But she seems to like it much better up there. (No wonder since it's much quieter!) She was sleeping all night but this week has began waking once so I am hoping she gets over that soon, but all in all it has been an easy switch.
Owen has been sick this week with a high fever and no other symptoms. I am guessing he just caught a virus as he seems to be much better today, other than still very grumpy! Monday he cried for about 30 minutes when he woke up becasue, as he put it, "he wanted it to be dark outside." I am guessing this meant he was tired and still wanted it to be night so he could sleep. I tried explaining to him that it was day and there was nothing I could do to make the sun go away, but he was not happy with that answer and continued with his screaming. I finally told him his best bet was to ask Jesus to make the sun go away but that everyone else in the world would probably be a little freaked out and left him to think that one over.
We went yesterday to a place called All About Kids which was so fun. It is a huge gym with lots of gymnastics things for kids to do, along with bouncers, trampline floors, and huge pits with foam blocks they can swing/jump into. We went with Maggie's friend Isaac and his mom and had a blast. I wish I had known about it this winter as it would have been a great place to let the kids get their energy out.
Debbie and Larry came up this past weekend to see the kids. We just hung out at home pretty much but the kids had fun having all the attention and I worked Saturday morning so Joe had some extra help with the kids. Next week is Maggie's last week of preschool. I can't beleive how fast this year has gone. I am so glad she has a late birthday and I get another year with her at home before she starts Kindergarten. Well, that is about all going on here in Shelbyville. No big plans for the weekend.....unless Joe remembers it's mothers day and has a big surprise planned for me like a day at the spa! :)
7 comments:
I looked up the class you were talking about because I thought it was weird you reference a slang term (think Jay-Z, H to the Izzo) for napping success. I'm glad it was easy to find that the author's name was Ezzo. HAHAHAHAHA. (1) I hope some other people thought that and (2)find this funny.
After reading that I would love to hear any thoughts on ellis! Alaire has slept 3 nights straight so I think she is back to normal. I still don't know what it was but she sleeps great again thank goodness. Ellis however is still pitching a fit when I put him Down for his nap and bed. He did sleep until 7 yesterday. I so love to hear more about what you did with Owen! (we Ezzo too)
Could you tell my son about the sleeping part because he is only interested in the eating and playing part.
And I am the SLEEP NAZI!
i have NEVER heard of "ezzo" ... i'm cracking up. i pretty much wing it in my household. i'm laughing at your comment olevia. ;) however, at age 5, lucas still naps very well and sleep very well at night. i should write a book and sell it. would anyone be interested in my tactics??? i will share for a price $$$ :)
I remember the swing val....
I had 2 that napped at 5 and slept all night as well. Those tactics do not work on my son. I need a new strategy!
hahaha ... till this day he can't walk a straight line!
Post a Comment