Monday, February 15, 2010

Daddy/Daughter date night.........with 2!



So this year Joe got to have 2 dates to Daddy/Daughter date night. We left the choice up to Maggie as to whether it was just she and Daddy again this year or if Josie went with them. As I have said before Maggie and Josie adore each other so without hesitation she of course said, "take Josie with us!!!"


Maggie picked out her own dress this year, which was huge (for me.:) I enjoy picking out their clothes and none of them mind at all, but she saw this dress and fell in love. It is NOTHING that I would pick but the sparkles caught her eye so I told her she could get it. She wore it all week before as soon as she'd get home from school. Saturday I asked how she wanted to fix her hair for that night and she told me she wanted to flat iron it. We painted up her nails and began on her hair, and I must just say Maggie has the perfect hair. Her curl is just the right amount and it also looks great straight, and doesn't take hours to flat iron like mine. It was stick straight in about 10 minutes. I let her wear some make-up too and when she was ready she couldn't stop looking in the mirror.




I am guessing this is a glimpse of her at 16, only hopefully with teeth. :) I know there are tons of pics of her but as her mom I thought they were all sooo cute.

































































































































































































As you can tell, Maggie LOVES the camera and couldn't get her picture taken enough. (there are many many more) Josie on the other hand was near impossible to get dressed and hair pulled up. Here is she and "Sissy". She is saying cheese here, although it looks like she is unhappy. :)





































And here is Joe with his 2 dates.
































I took Owen swimming with his friend Isaac for the evening and he had so much fun. The night began a little rough at daddy/daughter date night as Josie wasn't about to sit still and Maggie was frusterated b/c Joe had to chase Josie around instead of helping Maggie with the craft. But things got better when they began dancing, aside from Maggie telling me that Josie wouldn't leave her and her friends alone and kept getting right in with them. I asked her if she would have rather left Josie at home and at first she said yes, but than changed her mind to no and said, "Josie had alot of fun and she wasn't too bad of a bother." Joe said Josie did in fact enjoy herself. From the dinner, to M&M's on the table to dancing. I am SURE she was a sight to see out on the dance floor.. At 2 she has quite the moves. :)


We celebrated our Valentines Day on Saturday since the kids thought that is when it was. That morning I made them heart shaped cinnamon toast and gave them all their Vday gifts...which were webkins and a tin filled with candy. Maggie and Owen were thrilled with their webkinz and Josie.....well let's just say most of her diet that day consisted of candy.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my gosh, the teeth gone is hysterical. really. josie's pics are great too. i know those faces all too well. where's owen? we need some brother pics.i miss you all and love you.

Sara Price said...

Where can I buy Maddie's eyes? You could totally get lost in them! I mean could she get any cuter! And that little Josie is a doll. I totally had a dream about your moms caramel brownies that she used to fix us the other night...oh how I miss those brownies!!