Sunday, June 03, 2012

Surprise 60th birthday!!!!



















This weekend my mom, sis and I threw my Dad a surprise 60th birthday party. Dad is super hard to pull anything over on so we were all thrilled that he was totally surprised. My Dad is the most amazing man ever and he so deserved a day to celebrate him. He has been the most wonderful father to my sis and I and husband to my mom. Dad's life revolves around God first and than his family and he has never once failed to show us that. So I am so glad that his surpirse party was really a surprise and we could all show him how much he means to us.

Joe, the kids and I headed to WV Saturday morning...the party was that afternoon. We went straight there so I could help Amanda get things set up and also get my kiddos all ready. there is no way they would have stayed clean and put together for the 3 hour car ride!

Everyone arrived and we all were ready when Mom and Dad showed up. Dad thought they were going to a graduation party for our friend Allie so that part was easy since he thought they had somewhere to go. When he walked in the door we all yelled surprise and he just stood staring at us and shocked.






































It took him a few minutes and he finally said, "for me???" He was totally blown away and could not have been more surprised.

There were over 60 of his friends and family there to celebrate with him.....
































The kids were all so excited about the party. Emmie Jayne was excited too.....especially about the cake!!



































Several people gave a roast to Dad....which I had no clue what that was. haha Everyone did a great job and had great....and funny....things to say about Dad.



































My childhood friend, Josh, took the cake on them all though. So so funny!


























Dad with his 2 girls....


























Dad and Mom.....
I love these 2 people so so much. Couldn't have asked for better or more perfect parents for me! And they are equally as perfect as grandparents for my kiddos....just ask my kids!







































We got a picture of all (that were there) of the cousins.....



















I love all my cousins so much. They were all such a huge part of my childhood/growing up and I cherish all those memories. I wish we all still lived close and so each other often...but time has a way of changing things. So I always enjoy being together when we get to all see each other.

























My first friend, Josh, and his wife Tab...who is now a great friend of mine....were there with their kids. Maggie and Josie love Emma so they were so glad to get to play with her. Here are all 6 of our kids.....








they are all so cute!












Dad opened up his cards and gift from the kids after the party. They all made him a card....Josie dictated to me what to say and I wrote it. It was pretty funny....."I love you Jaja.....I love when you take me to school.....thanks for coming to my birthday party......if you ever need me I am here....." No clue where she got the last part, she is so funny!

Owen's card was interesting.....he basically cut up a piece of construction papaer almost to shreds and than wrote his note to dad. He also got a gift for dad......the night before we left he came down with 2 bags of lego sets and wrapped them himself. He told me that he knows JaJa loves legos so he was going to give them to him. Dad does enjoy putting them together with Owen....and I thought it was so cute.

Maggie made a super cute card...in typical Maggie style. She also wrote him a poem in it that was so sweet.

I made him a framed picture of the kids....they each held a letter that spelled his name....JAJA





















I was so pleased with how this turned out and thought it was adorable!



And he also loved it!

























We had a full fun day. Neither of the little girls napped all day so they both crashed hard on the drive home. They woke up for a little bit when we got to Mom and Dad's but about 2 minutes after I laid Josie down I went in to check on her and found her like this.....
























I think she partied out!

We had a great weekend with everyone...just wish it could have been longer. We got back home Sunday evening and all went to bed early. We have a full fun week ahead as we are headed to Alabama to see my best friend and than on to the beach!!

No comments: