Thursday, May 04, 2006

Before you woke up....

It's pretty weird how I am sitting here posting about our morning while you who are reading this are just getting up. (And the lucky ones are still sleeping!) I just put the kids down for their afternoon nap and was getting ready to do my German homework for lessons tongiht but decided I would post a little first. So the telephone guy came yesterday to move my phone line upstairs and he didn't speak a lick of english. He and his buddy were all over the house talkinga mile a minute and after 10 minutes of them not doing anything I called Joe at work and told him to get someone who spoke german on the phone. Well, the two of them rambled on and on for several minutes, they hung up, and the two guys said cheers! and left. I called Joe back at work adn turns our since all our floors are heated they can't drill through the floor to bring the wire up. They could run it outside but have to have the home owners approval first so someone (I have no idea who, If only i knew this person's name and number I could get alot accomplished) is supposed to be taking care of tracking down the doctor who owns the house and finding out if we can do that. So here I am once again in the basment posting. Anyhow, we have begun a normal routine this week of getting up around 8 and eating breakfast and then heading outside for the morning. It's been in the mid 70's this week ( I checked my thermometer yesterday adn converted my degrees to F from C) The kids swang awhile adn then we walked to the store down the street so i could get a few things. There are minature merry go rounds outside the store so Maggie rode on those for awhile while Owen watched. When we came back home we played outside a bit more then headed in for lunch. My beans and corn muffins turned out great last night so we had leftovers for lunch today. Both kids ate the beans which I was thrilled about since maggie ususally won't touch them. but she had a bowl last night and today. Owen is loving finger foods and loved them. AFter lunch I made up a ton of baby food and froze it so that it's just ready to eat for the next few weeks and I don't have to fool with making it daily. And then it was naptime for everyone. As you can tell, Owen was very ready for his nap. He got woken up early from his morning one!

We took a bike ride last night and had fun, but poor little Owen can't seem to hold his head up wtih the helmet on and so his head is either banging around or he just let's it fall forward and rests it on my back. I was worried that it may be too much shaking for him yet so got online and it said that kids under 1 should not ride on bikes or even in the trailers b/c of the shaking of their heads. (it actually said under 15 months) so being the over protective one that I am I don't think I will be taking him on anymore bike rides until he gets a little bigger. Here are the kids in their helmets all ready for the ride last night.


3 comments:

Mary said...

Meg,
They look so cute in their helmets! I'm glad to hear you are getting into the swing of life. Life is sure lonely here without you!

Anonymous said...

They both look really cute in their helmets. Maybe by his birthday Owen will be able to enjoy the ride. I wouldn't like it either if my head were banging around. Miss you all.

Anonymous said...

They both look really cute in their helmets. Maybe by his birthday Owen will be able to enjoy the ride. I wouldn't like it either if my head were banging around. Miss you all.