Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Posting from the top floor...FINALLY!

So you probably guessed it, we finally got our internet and phone working on the top floor. Now I can sit and browse the internet or update my blog during naptime without sitting in the basement worrying that someone may be breaking in and taking my kids. :) I cannot give any credit to Caterpillar for getting this taken care of though. Their internet people still haven't shown up. All the credit goes to my husband. Being the MacGyver that he is, he came up with a plan the other night which involved me throwing a rope tied to a coat hanger out our top floor window to him in which he tied the telephone cord (which was comoing out of a basement window) to it and I hoisted it back up to the top floor. He then used his "telephone repair man" genes and mixed a few cords, plugged everything up and wooolah.....internet and phone serivce right by our bedrooms! This was the happiest I have been since moving here 2 months ago!
So Owen has still been running a bit of a fever the past few days and woke up last night having major chills. I am not for sure if it was the fever or the fact that he had peed all over himself and had a fan blowing on him that was causing the chills but anyhow, I put him in bed with us so he could warm up. His new favorite food right now is peas, he is getting pretty good at his pincer grasp so he can shovel them in pretty quickly. He was in a great mood today at lunch and I got some really cute pictures of him.








Maggie was in the plumber look today. The sizes of pampers are a little different here so I have been trying to guess and get the right sizes for her. After one pee these don't fit so well! I am guessing this is a sign that she needs to move onto panties!



Joe and I have been searching the net for flights since we are planning on coming home in July. Joe will only get to be in a little over 2 weeks but the kids and I are going to stay in through the first week of September probably which will be nice. I have several friends having babies this summer so I am so excited to get to be able to see their new babies.

So since I have this computer up and running I have access to some pictures i hadn't gotten to post yet. Maggie loves to look at this picture, it is with Megan and Emma a day or two before we moved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to come see you at the 4 star Burke Resort. Our suite looks incredible. You're not going to believe how much Owen and Tristan look alike!!! At least in pictures.

Mary said...

Meg,
Love the plumber crack! Get that girl in some underwear!!
I love Owen's hair, too. It looks cute combed over.