So these last 2 days have been really great. It has been in the high 60's (maybe even 70) so we have gotten to get outside alot and play. Right now we only have one swing hanging so Maggie and Owen have to take turns. There are a few other swings that were left on there from the people who own that house, so Maggie can use those when Owen is swinging, but she prefers the "American" swing that we brought! :) Today Maggie and I went outside and played on the swing set while Owen took his morning nap and when he woke up we took a long walk. A few streets over there are some roosters and chickens so she loves to go look at them. We also have goats and horses nearby so we basically have our own petting zoo here. (without the petting) I then loaded up the kids in the car to drive to the grocery store down the street. Now I am about the only person in the village (town) who drives to the grocery store since you can walk there in about 5 minutes. But I prefer to have my car there in case Maggie has a breakdown or I wind up with more items in my cart than I had expected. The 3 of us have attempted this trip to the grocery store about 3 times already adn each time we leave empty handed with Maggie crying. I really needed to get things today so I told her ahead of time that she HAD to obey me and act nice. Well.....we were there an entire hour and she couldn't have been better. She has to walk beside me b/c the carts in Germany are not big enough to have she and Owen both in them. (imagine that!)I also had a successful trip myself, I got my german dictionary out last night and looked up certain items that I needed and wrote them down such as baking powder, corn meal, and heavy whipping cream. Well.....I found them all and surprisingly fast. So now I can make Mary's yummy corn muffins to go with our beans tonight. Anyhow, I was very happy with our trip to the store.
Here are some pictures of the kids easter morning with their baskets. I had forgotten I didn't post any of them yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment