
I put him down for his nap today and 25 minutes later he was still crying. I peeked in to see what the problem was and here he was standing in his crib holding on for dear life. He couldn't figure out how to get back down. Poor little guy! Anyhow, from then on the rest of the day he goes from thing to thing trying to get up and then cries because he is stuck. He is so so busy, much more than Maggie ever was. Mary, you think Maggie was a piddler, you ought to see Owen! We are getting ready for his birthday party this saturday. We are just going to cookout and have cake and ice cream so I know he will love that part! I took him last week to have his 1 year pictures done at the picture people and they turned out so so cute. I took a cake with me and after his pics were done we stripped him down and let him go to town on the cake while she took pictures. It was so cute. I haven't figured out how to get them to download off the site so I can post them, but if I do I will put them on here so you can see. Here are a few of his birthday pictures that I took, although most of you probably got one in the mail already.



We had fun on the 4th of July cooking out with Jim and Patti K. Maggie wasn't feeling great yet, so we just decided to go next door and have a small cookout with them. Owen loves Jim, Jim can get him laughing so easily. As busy as Owen is it is nice to have lots of extra sets of hands to help out with him. Here are the kids on the 4th in their cute outfits.



Mom and Dad are doing some updating around the house and it's coming together great. They got all new lights which look great and painted and the new carpet is coming tommorow for the family room. I thought we ought to take one last picture of the multicolored shag carpet sis....but mom said she'd remember it in her dreams forever. :) Mom and I went uptown yesterday to look for new shades for the family room and found some we really liked. We haven't ordered them yet, as that would not be like mom at all. She said we're going to sleep on it a few days to make sure it's what she wants! I think they will probably be ordered by the end of the week though. We have no big plans this week, I am going to visit a few friends and get things ready for Owen's party on Saturday. I hope we have nice weather since we're having a cookout!
2 comments:
Such beautiful kids! I can't believe how old Owen is looking. Tell Mag we miss her!
No way your folks are updating! I was there when all that original stuff went in the house!!! I never thought Debbie could do it! Tell her I'm proud of her!!! I'm proud of you, too Meg. Your kids are gorgeous and you're such a great wife and mom! I love you all!
Post a Comment