So we have made it to WV safe and sound. I have to first thank God for being so faithful to answer all of the prayers that went up for us on our trip home. There is no way that our trip went as smoothly as it did without his intervention. He blessed Joe and I with the most incredible kids, our trip was 15 hours long in total and neither of my kids cried ONCE!!! Now, if anyone has kids, especially 2 toddlers, you know that had to be the work of God! We flew air france and all the seats had TV's which was the big thing I had to have on my flight for maggie, but since it was a french airline all the cartoons were french cartoons and IN french. Well, my TV loving little girl didn't seem to mind in the least and sat there happily wathcing, what I considered very questionable cartoons, for 2 hours. When I saw the title "Red Hot Riding Hood" instead of Little Red Riding Hood" I decided to just turn my head and be thankful that she had a tv show to watch. (okay, it really was fine...just the same story a little dollled up) anyhow, we ended up being delayed almost 3 hours in Paris, which actually turned out good becasue I would have missed my flight otherwise since I only had 1.5 hours to change planes and that place is so huge that I actually needed about 2 hours to get from gate to gate. When we boarded the plane in paris I realized that Owen was burning up adn running a fever. Just what I needed huh! So I gave him some Motrin and hoped for the best. Well, the little guy was awesome. Wiggly, but awesome. When I sat down in our seats I looked at everyone aroudn me adn said, "okay everyone....your worst nightmare has just come true, I am sitting here with 2 toddlers and I am by myself." They all laughed and were really nice so that made me feel better knowing they weren't "kids haters". They passed Owen around quite a bit and gave me a few bathroom breaks so that was nice. When naptime came, I told maggie she coudld either nap in the floor or her seat, she chose the floor. So i made her a bed (i had a bulkhead seat) and she laid down adn took her nap for 4 hours! What a great kid. Everyone around me just looked like they couldn't believe it, especailly since there were several other kids her age screaming. Well, when we arrived at Cincinnati I was thrilled to see mom. She had brought Allie with her so Maggie had fun playing with her on the ride home. The first stop was Wendys to get something to eat and wow, it tasted great. Owen must have saved all his crying for his Mimi becasue he cried basically the whole drive home.
Owen ran a fever until yesterday and has still been very fussy and grumpy today so I am hoping he gets back to himself before too long. I also began running a fever wednasay until yesterday adn just felt pretty crappy so I guess we both maybe got the same bug. Maggie has done great, and aside from waking up about 6 am she has adjusted fine. We are heading out today to go to Ohio for a few days to see Joe's family and go to their family reunion on sunday. There should be alot of kids Maggie's age at the picnic to play with so she will love that. Hopefully Owen will cheer up by then and start sleeing at night better (right now we are getting up 3-5 times a night) at least for my sake. Well, I will update when I get back on monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment