Thursday, June 21, 2007

Biggest, Middlest, Littlest......!!!


So most of you already know our big news....but for those who don't we are expecting our 3rd baby! I am about 8 weeks along and have known a few weeks but didn't go to the doctor until yesterday so I didn't want to post until I had gone and gotten the "for sure" from the doctor. (not that i wasn't for sure anyhow??) My appointment went great, although I guess I am a little partial to my doctors in Peoria that delievered Maggie and Owen, so I wasn't as happy as I was with them.....but I am sure they will do. I got an ultrasound done to get an exact due date and to be sure there was only 1 baby. Since Owen was supposed to have been a twin I guess I have a higher chance of having them again...so they always do it to be sure from the beginning. And yes, there is just one baby this time. (wheewww) My due date is February 3rd. Right in between Mom and Amanda's birthdays! I am guessing it will come in January since both my others have been early though. I have been having pretty bad nausea that doesn't ever really let up. This is not what I am used to since I didn't have a bit of that with Maggie or Owen so I will be glad when this part is over. It also doesn't help that the kids and I have all been sick for about 2 weeks with colds, coughs, and fevers. For some reason we can't seem to shake it and I am about at my wits end with snot! We headed out to the pool today since I couldn't stand another day stuck in the house. The pool doesn't seem as enjoyable as I feel it should be. Neither of the kids spend much time IN the pool and are constnatly bugging me to go to the indoor pool, which they love. The problem is the outdoor pool is FREEZING. I will give them that, so they don't like getting in it. If I get out with them and get them playing in it they like it and forget it's cold.....but it would be nice to be able to sit on the side some and let them play. After we played outside for a few hours we went to free lunch and then I let them go to the indoor pool for a bit. Owen is my little fish and loves to go under water and has somehow taught himself to blow out so he doesn't even swallow water. Maggie spend all her time on the slide, which is nice since she can do it on her own. Everybody is now down for naps and I am thinking about making some banana bread since I have promised Maggie all week that I would make her some.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is maggie in diapers?

Meghan said...

She had just woken up.....i put their shirts on them before changing into their swimming suits, figured she should wear something other than just a shirt! :)

The Oakes said...

i love the t-shirts! i hope you start feeling better soon. I was never sick with Ellis either and this one is a different story so i know how you feel being caught be surprise by the nausea. tell joe is said congrats too.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you all!!!!
Kirsten and family

Anonymous said...

We are SO EXCITED for you all. Can't wait to see you all again. Congrats!!!
Tab, Josh and Emma

Anonymous said...

Meg, I kept wondering when you were going to share your news with the world!
We're excited!
Love you!
JR, Lori and TJ

Nicole said...

Congratulations on number 3!

Anonymous said...

Meghan-
Congrats again!!!!
I haven't checked your blog in so long- sounds like you're having a great summer:) Talk to you soon, Wendy

Anonymous said...

burke news is full of surprises, and it is great!!! happy for all of you. Maggie and Owen look so happy in that pic, but have no idea all the changes that are in store. smiles may turn to tears for a while. cookie dough may help.