Monday, July 23, 2007

Getting Big

So I wake up this morning and look over at the clock and see it is 8:45 and thankfully everyone is still sleeping soundly. Usually I would enjoy this time and roll over until someone called out "mommmmmaaaa." But I suddenly remembered that Owen had his 2 year well child check at 920. And keep in mind we live about 20 minutes from the doctors office. I jumped up and threw on some clothes and pulled my hair back. I then went to the kitchen and threw together some snacks the kids could eat on the way there, which means their breakfast consisted of grapes, raisens, and peanuts. I got Maggie up first since she is pretty much able to get herself ready and after she was up and getting dressed I got Owen ready and we headed to the doctor. We got there about 5 minutes late and probably looked more WT than we ever have before in public......but we were there. We got called back and Owen was at 30 pounds which puts him in the 70% for weight. He is just about 6-7 pounds behind Maggie now. He is still in the 95% for height so he is following Maggie in being tall. He did great and he and Maggie talked the entire time to the doctor and nurse and they seemed quite impressed with Owen's ability to carry on conversation. Maggie seemed a little envious of the attention Owen was getting with his check up until it came time for his finger stick. She seemed pretty happy then that it wasn't her turn. Owen didn't seem very phased by it all, he looked at me and said, "it hurts." and I said, no, it's okay and he goes..."okay mommy." After that we just headed to Kroger and ran into Neila and Carson who were shopping as well. They invited us over for lunch of veggie pizze and fruit pizza which sounded great so we spent the afternoon over there until we headed home for naptime. I had planned on getting things done during naptime but instead spent the majority of the time listening to a guy from ADT tell me about his security system he was giving for free if we would advertise with a sign in the front yard. We only had to pay the monthly fee. Well, he had no idea who he was talking to and that I would have signed up without the big spill in a heartbeat. But when Joe got home he veto'd that one and the poor guy who was pretty sure he'd just made a sale was sent packing to the next house. We had a pretty boring evening and now am just getting ready to go to bed. We have no big plans tommorow, i am hoping it is pretty so we can get to the pool, but it isn't supposed to be. Well, hopefully I will get some pictures up soon, I know I have been slacking.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Really! You would have paid the guy full price for that security system you big fraidy cat, ha ha!

Meghan said...

Heck yeah I would have.....but I don't think I could hide that from Joe for very long. :)

valurena said...

Um, no you could not hide it from Joe. Your friggin system would beep every time you open and close it. But, all the kidnapper has to do is cut your phone lines ... You should get the really expensive system that isn't hooked up through your phone lines. That would be ideal. ;) And, I think tasers are pretty sweet. They don't kill, but they'll bring the guy to his knees. Zap him!!!

Meghan said...

This was a wireless system. See, it was a great deal. 2,000 dollar system for free!