I can't beleive Owen is 2 years old today! I love watching my kids grow up and learn new things but I hate how quickly the time goes. Owen has been a total joy to us and is so much fun. He has a ton of energy and is as "boy" as they come, but he fits just perfect in our family. We had his birthday party this weekend and he enjoyed it totally. He was perfect all day and you could tell he loved everything about his party. He woke up from his nap right at 4 when his party started and came down and was in awe of all the CARS decorations.
Amanda didn't let me down in the decorating department and with the help of David, they made Owen's seat a race car
and decorated the rest of the kitchen in the CARS theme.
He loved his CARS cake, and it turned out pretty cute, although I wasn't much in the decorating mood that day.
I had planned to do a bit more to it, but by the time I got this far along I had done about as much as I felt like for the day.
We had alot of fun with everyone here, but I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would have liked to of everyone. Maggie did really well with him getting all the attention for the day and gifts, although she made out quite well in the gift department as well. Owen did better this year opening his gifts, but had to have some prompting to move on to the next present.
Maggie had fun with Kylie there to play with, and Owen got a birthday kiss from his favorite girl, Bella, beore she left.
So his birthday turned out great, I told him happy birthday this morning since it's his real birthday today, but it seemed to confuse he and Maggie somewhat. Mom is staying this week to keep the kids so I can work a few days at the pediatrician office. We were going to take them to the pool today but Maggie stayed up way too late last night and had quite a meltdown this morning so she was back in bed at 10:30 and slept for 3 hours. Mom and Owen played outside and took several walks since it was such a nice day. Maggie seems to be in better spirits since she woke up so I am hoping this evening goes better than this morning. Well, here is a little view of Owen's last 2 years.....I can't beleive how big he's gotten.., and how much better his hair has gotten. :)



5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN! We wish we could have made it to the party. As always, looks like you all had so much fun.
Tab, Josh & Emma :)
Happy Birthday Owen. It looks like your Mommy and Aunt decorated the place like professionals! Again Meghan, Liza would be jealous of your cake!
Carlyn wishes she could have been there! Since she'll officially be a Kentucky girl in 2 weeks, maybe she can make it to Maggie's birthday in October!
:) Kirsten
You are tooooooo cute Owen! I especially love your cheesey grin! Looks like you had a good day! Happy Birthday Big Boy! Love, Val and Luke
No Dad could be any more proud.
Meg,
Thanks so much for the birthday pictures of Owen. I can't believe he's 2 either! Glad you had a great party!
Post a Comment