Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fun at the park

We had a fun day today, but boy am I exhausted tonight. We got up this morning and I had promised the kids they could play with play-doh after breakfast so I stuck to my word and got it out for them. They haven't played it in along time so they really had fun and thankfully Owen didn't eat any or throw it. We got cleaned up and dressed and headed to the park at 10:30 to meet up with Shannon and her girls. The kids had alot of fun playing and the weather was perfect outside as it wasn't too hot or sunny. So I didn't have any complaints from Maggie about being too hot! Owen was all over the playground so I ran the whole time trying to keep up with him and not let him fall off and break something.












Maggie also learned a new trick today as she tried out the monkey bars for the first time and did a pretty good job.









She was really proud of herself. I tried to get some good shots of the kids and Maggie was all over that, but Owen as you can see was not so much in the picture taking mood.















After the park we headed over for free lunch as it is over this week for the summer. School starts next week (aug. 6) which seems so early to me. We got home in time for nap and Owen must have been worn out as well because he slept 4 and a half hours. I should have woken him up earlier becuase here it is 9 30 and I can hear him in his bed talking and singing. Every now and then he will say, "mommy, do you hear me?" Yes, I hear him, no I am not going to join his night time party. :)
Maggie and I cleaned up the toy room and her room while he slept today and played candy land about 10 times.

I let Maggie pick what we had for dinner which meant we would have 1 of 3 things. Potato Soup, Spaghetti, or homemade pizza. Her choice tonight was the pizza which I wasn't thrilled about since we had just had that a few days ago. But it tasted pretty good once it was made. So, a funny story. Maggie got in trouble the other day adn I made her stand in the corner and told her to keep her nose in the corner. A bit later, Owen got in trouble and when I got onto him he ran over to the wall and stood just like this.






How funny is that.







A maggieism of the week... we were in line at Krogers and the lady in front of us was buying organic milk whcih had a big cow on the front of the container. Maggie doesn't drink milk at all so she isn't up on the milk containers I suppose. She is checking out the ladies grocries and says to her, "so, is that the food you feed your cow?" I thought it was so funny, not sure why but it totally cracked me up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie, I like your new tennis shoes. Tell Owen to be good and get his nose out of the corner. Love and miss you.

Amanda said...

i'm so proud of maggie mae and the monkey bars. oboe is too cute in the corner. i miss them. please tell them that. can't wait to see you all again.