Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Another Week....

So another week or so has passed and I haven't blogged, but we have been up to alot. Last week Mom and Dad came down and stayed through the weekend. I worked Thursday and Friday so Maggie and Owen enjoyed spending time with Mimi and Jaja. They had lots of fun and Maggie thought it was cool that Mimi got to take her to preschool. Mom and Dad got to watch Maggie play soccer too....and help chase Owen around the field. About halfway into the second half I look down and Maggie is looking up at me with huge tears in her eyes so I head down to get her and find out what is wrong. She comes running over sobbing and says, "mom, that boy keeps pushing me and it really hurts my feelings." Well, I guess I wasn't paying much attention but Joe said some little boy did keep pushing her and he told him to stop several times but he just wouldn't let up. So of course, here I am wanting to find out who the kids is.....like what was I going to do to a 3 year old?? haha. Anyhow, she ended up going back out and Joe held her while he coached the kids.
I have decided my kids either hate each other or love to drive me nuts thinking that. They are constantly beating the heck out of each other and last week they both ended up with a war wound. Maggie kicked Owen in the eye which resulted in this.....




and a few days later Owen bit a hunk out of maggie's stomach.


So it seriously is like WWF around here most days. I have tried everything from time out to spanking, and now have just found that I put them both in their rooms with baby gates on the doors and tell them they have to play alone. I don't know how much it helps but at least it gives me some time to get something done other than pull them off each other. I had a doctor appt. this week and everything looks good with baby, but they did take some blood to run a few tests on me since I have been alot more tired than I think I should be....and also have been really short of breath. Turns out my hgb and hct are low which explains that so I have a script to pick up that will hopefully help with that since I still have a few months and definetly need more energy to get things done around here. We are heading to mom and dad's this weekend and then the following weekend is Maggie's birthday party. She is so excited but once again I have not been on top of things and didn't get her "I'm 4" pictures sent out and doubt I will at this point. We have also been trying to decide on her cake she wants. My painter has yet to show up and keeps telling me is should be a few more days so my house is not going to be the way I want it by then but I guess it will get finished eventually. I had the drywall guy come this week and patch a few places that had cracked from the high ceilings and need my carpets cleaned (there is a reason I always had a "NO SHOE" policy) but don't want to do that until the painting is done so right now everything is on hold waiting for him. Gotta love contracters!

So Joe was showing the kids his jumping skills the other night and stacking chairs and such and decided to make them the target so he had them stand still and jumped them which they thought was so cool.



















No matter how boring our days our they always liven up when daddy gets home. :)





I got a call from Maggie's teacher the other day about something she needed to send me and she proceeded to tell me that Maggie was an absolute joy to have in class. She said she was always so helpful and excited about what they were going to do and played great with all the kids (which I was glad to hear after she adn Owen's week). Anyhow, she went on and on about how great she was doing and good she was which was nice to hear. She is having her school pictures this week and the following week she will have her birthday party at school....which she has already said she wants to take pink cupcakes...of course. Well, not much else to report just trying to get all the summer/winter clohtes switched since it has FINALLY decided to cool down here. Thank goodness

2 comments:

Carothers in Cahoots said...

I am seriously impressed by two things here. 1.) Joe's jumping abilities. 2.) The fact that you are so laid back that you took a picture of his abilities. Wish we were the photographers taking Maggies school pics. Our new fall scene would be so cute with Maggie and Owen and their pumpkin patch outfits. I wish you lived here because we never have a cute kid (plural for you) for our samples. Keep a copy of the price sheet for me please!

Anonymous said...

Ok, is this what I have to look forward to with Carlyn and the new baby? She hurts herself enough around the house, I can't imagine when she starts to fight with her little brother! She will be a mess!
:) Kirsten