Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Our week....

So Joe was out of town all week, although I don't put that on the blog when he's gone because I think some psycho is going to read it and know I am alone and break in my house...I know, weird. Anyhow, the kids and I had a fun week...we kept busy which always makes it go by quicker. I have made numerous attempts to get a great christmas picture and have come to accept that I am not going to get a "perfect" one....at least not while I have a 2 year old little boy! Here are a few of the outtakes....
















And here is a picture of me 30 weeks pregnant for all those who have been asking to see a good prego pic. I am aware that I was in need of make-up and a shower! But if your just wanting to see my pregnant stomach this should do. :)




















I took the kids to the picture people Wednesday to get a christmas picture and they looked so cute....but Owen was "active" in every picture so I just decided to reschedule when joe can go with me as he has a little more control over him in those situations. Here are some picutures of the tree and most of the Christmas decorations up. Also of my new furniture that I really am liking now. I need to get some accent pillows to pull them in with the room but they are really comfortable.





















I LOVE having this staircase and how it looks all decorated up and am also enjoying the area that the builder called a "plant shelf" which I thought was stupid. But it is the perfect place for my bench and my snowman village. As Joe put it, that is the ONLY place I could have put that and it stay how I set it up since it is unreachable to the kids.

















Wednesday I was craving a great salad (which never happens) so that evening I was getting the kids ready to head out to a place in town that has a awesome salad bar when we got the best surprise ever....mom showed up at the door! After being home alone since Sunday I couldn't have asked for anything better. She wasn't planning on coming until Thursday evening but surprised us and we were all glad to see her. She sent me on out to get my salad and she stayed home with the kiddos and played with them. I had a great dinner by myself and stopped by the store to pick up a few things as well. Thursday I got to finish my Christmas shopping as she stayed home with Owen and then picked Maggie up from preschool and brought her on home, so I had a full day to get everyone checked off my list. I had a great day so thanks again mom!! The kids enjoyed themselves as well with her and I think she spent about 80% of her time holding Owen as he stuck right with her the whole time saying, "hold me MiMi." I worked on Friday and once again triaged patients on the phone all day so it was very easy, although it gets really annoying after the 50th passport patient calls wanting us to call in tylenol or motrin so their medical card will cover it....I mean the generic brand is like 2 bucks at Walmart....what do cigarettes cost these days?? Yes, i could go on and on about this but I will leave this topic alone now. :)

So Friday night after putting the kids to bed Mom and I stayed up awhile talking and I went up to check on Owen before we went to bed. When I walk in his room I see his PJ's and diaper on the floor by his crib and look in and here is what I see....













so he has done this every nap and every bedtime since. He totally strips naked and wraps up in his BB (blanket) and falls asleep. I am not sure how to handle this problem as he has no explanation why he is doing this. I can usually get his diaper back on and dressed without waking him but it is really getting annoying. Anyhow, mom and I laughed so hard at this that night, luckily he hadn't peed yet!

Mom headed home Saturday morning and the kids and I headed to the Shelbyville parade to meet up with NeilaSusan and Carson. The parade was very impressive for this town...and lasted nearly an hour and a half which was about an hour longer than I was hoping...not to mention they got as much candy as they did at halloween.


















The kids really enjoyed it though so aside from saying they were cold we heard no other complaints. After that we headed to the library to meet up with Santa and make some Christmas crafts and Nick and Joe met up with us there as they got back in from Alabama that morning. The kids were thrilled to see Joe and very surprised. We went and got their picture with Santa and I can kick myself for not having my camera with me because they got a great picture. The kids both loved seeing him and hopped up on his lap and had great smiles. Owen was so excited and jumped up and down saying , "Santa, I want cars and a choo choo." over and over. They all thought he was adorable and said he was definetly their most excited to see Santa of the day. After leaving their we went to a deli in town and had lunch and then it was home for naptime.

Saturday evening Maggie and I headed to Gattiland for Kate's birthday party. When we got their pretty much everyone was already there and Kate had saved a seat right beside her for Maggie. Her mom said she kept asking if Maggie was coming. We stayed 3 hours and Maggie had a blast playing with her friends.


















I wasn't crazy about Gattiland as it seemed more geared towards older kids....but they did have a big Carosel there that she loved.










Sunday we just went to church and came home, had lunch and I napped when Owen did. It poured the rain that evening so we just stayed in and kept dry. My friend Shannon had her baby this past week so I went down to their house to see her. I can't believe in 8 weeks (or less) we will have a newborn! I have begun to freak a little as I have no crib, bedding, car seat, basinett, etc for this little one. At this point I was 100% ready for Maggie and Owen but I do have diapers and my milk so those are the important things I guess!
This week we just went to library on Monday and Maggie had preschool yesterday. She also had dance last night, her recital is a week from Saturday so we have dance every Tues and Thursday until then. I have seen them do their routine a few times and can't wait to see when they get on stage since they all seemed like they were doing their own dance. Today I was going to head to Lexington to go to a baby store that has the crib I want but it was so cold and the kids said they just wanted to have a PJ day so that is what we have done. I have spent alot of the day on the phone trying to find some place that can make my blog into a "book form" for me but have had no luck yet. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this let me know. And if you need any christmas ideas for me this would be a great one! :) I am sure if I was more computer savvy this would not be a big deal to do but I have yet to figure out how to get it to layout right.

We tried to do one more photo session and had about the same luck today as before....here ya go.




















Ahhhh, gotta love that little boy!

4 comments:

Kendra White said...

Meg, My offer still stands. If you want to bring the kids here why you shop for the baby we would love to entertain them. Or we could meet for lunch. Just let us know...the santa photos are too cute!

Amanda said...

I love the very top picture of the kids. i think that should be the christmas card pic. i miss you all so much!!!! bobo is so funny. i love mae mae's sweater in the party pics. very cute

Mary said...

Meg, Is this what I have to look forward to with a boy????

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.