Friday, February 22, 2008

Daddy Daughter Date Night

Joe and Maggie went to the Daddy/Daughter Date Night at our church this past weekend. They have dinner and a dance for them to have an evening together and Joe and Maggie both really enjoyed it. Joe said Maggie danced the entire night and she told me she had "the most fun in every way." I am not sure what that means but sounds like she had a blast. I let her pick our what she wanted to wear since it was her special night out with Daddy and she decided on one of her princess dresses. I asked her if anyone else had on a princess dress and she said, "no mommy, so I was the real princess of the whole party!" Four is such a cute age as she was not embarrased at all that she was the only one in a dress up dress but thought it was very cool.


















We had a great time with Aunt Amanda last week when she came to visit.





She came last Thursday morning and kept Owen and Josie for me while I went to Maggie's Valentines Day party at school with her. It was alot of fun for her, but I totally forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures. Joe and I went out to the movies Valentines Night and took Josie with us. They kids got to stay home and have fun with Amanda. It was nice to get out and Josie did great as she just nursed and slept through the whole movie. By the way, we don't reccomend "Jumper."
Friday morning I had my 2 week appt. with my doctor so Amanda kept the kids for me whiel I went to that. Then we went to get Owen's hair cut. I should have gotten a clue he wasn't up to his usual self since he was really whiney through the whole hair cut and usually he doesn't make a peep. Anyhow, he began coughing that evening and did not sleep well that night. We had the kids pictures to be taken Saturday morning so we got up and ready and were there by 11.

















Maggie was awesome and her pictures look like they could be in a magazine, Owen was not up to this challange and didn't get in many of them. There were a few cute with him in it but he just did not want to "model" at all. We ran a few errands before heading home and by that time Owen was full blown fever of almost 104. He slept most of the evening, my friend Sheila and her little boy came over to hang out with us while the dads took the girls to their date night and after the motrin kicked in Owen he was ready to play. We didn't go to church Sunday since Owen was running a fever again and coughing pretty bad. Joe kept him in the basement with him so he wouldn't get close to Josie pretty much the all day and slept with him down there through the weekend. He left Tuesday morning for Dallas and Peoria for a few days and Mom headed back down to stay with me while he was gone. We didn't do much of anything since Owen was sick and in a pretty grumpy mood. I went to pick up Josie's announcments and pictures from Celebrity kids Photography and they are so cute so be watching the mail! I also got to see the flyer they are sending out for Easter and the front is a huge picture of Maggie. They are sending out 7,000 around the area so if u live around here you may get one. There is a pic on the back of the two of them also. Mom headed home Thursday since we were supposed to get an ice storm, it didn't turn out to be too bad though. Thursday night Josie began having a bit of a snotty nose so despite all our efforts of hand washing and keeeping Owen away she seemed to pick up his bug. By Friday she was really working to breath so I took her in to the pediatrician and she has RSV! I couldn't believe it, in a big kid or adult this is just a cold but in a 3 week old it can be really serious. He said if I was not a nurse he would admit her but since I knew the signs to watch for her getting worse he wouldn't yet. So that is what we're doing, just watching her. I am so surprised she got this as she is still covered with my immunity and is breastfed so she's getting even more protection but I guess the more kids you have the higher chance of them getting sick?? Keep us in your prayers since being so small this could get worse before better.

HEre are a few pics for you all!



No comments: