She was so excited to hold her and did not want to let me take her back to the nursery. We got to leave the hospital about 7 Thursday night and Maggie and Owen got to meet their new little sister.
Maggie couldn't wait to get her hands on her again
and Owen held her as well for a minute or so.
When we asked if he liked her he told us we could just take her back to the hospital....but he seems to like her pretty well, just doesn't pay much attention to her other than every now and then saying "Koochy Koochy Koo to her. Maggie is a great big sis and takes every chance she gets to hold her and doesn't like sharing so much as she had a total meltdown when Jaja took a turn. The kids have had a great time with with Mimi and Jaja taking plenty of trips to the "sticker store" and getting other "surprises." I also enjoyed my "break" in the hospital. All my friends thought I was weird because I told Joe not to stay with me there, but I love being there those few days and having the only "alone time" I will get for along time. Things are going smooth since we have been here, it's been great having mom and dad here to keep Maggie and Owen from feeling left out as all of my time is consumed with nursing Josie. She is quite the night owl right now, she doesn't ever cry but at night she's wide awake and wanting to nurse like every hour, although last night she did much better and only ate every 3 and once went 4.5 hours so hopefully before long we'll be in a steady schedule which will make things easier.
The kids have been really good, here is a picture of Owen yesterday trying out a pair of Joe's boxers and showing us his muscles.
Maggie is quite the little mommy and holds her and loves to help me by getting her new clothes and diapers when I need them. Josie was breathing fast yesterday like newborns will do sometimes and Maggie said, "oh, she is smelling me." It was so cute. Yesterday she "watched her" for me on the bed while I did a few things and was very proud of herself.
Dad headed back home yesterday but mom is staying a little longer to help me and then Joe's mom is coming to stay a little while too so that is going to be nice. Also, between my MOPS group and bible study I have meals coming for over 3 weeks so after all this help is over I won't know what to do! Yesterday Josie went to the doctor for a check up and was 6 lb. 14 oz which isn't a bad weight loss and the way she's eating I figure she'll pick up soon. They said everything looks great so we don't go back for a few weeks. WEll, that is all going on here, here are a few pics of Miss Josie.
Can you believe she has enough hair to pull it up in real clip! You can also go to the website at the hospital she was born at www.baptisteast.com and see her newborn picture. Just go to "baby net" on the site and click B for burke and find joe adn meghan. For some reason the hospital doesn't use the growing family site, they use their own website. Well, I am off to nurse the baby and get some sleep, I hope.
10 comments:
meghan! i love her!! so cute! she is so pretty!! i have to say "your friends think you're weird" must not be including me, b/c we have NOT talked!!!! but, that's okay, i already thought you were weird - no need to convince me! ;) i'm calling you today!
hi meg and joe! she is beautiful!! of course i knew she would be anyway! i love her hair! we want to come see her in a few weeks, after you guys get settled in real good...we love you! hope you're getting (a little!) rest!!!
love,
lori
p.s. what's her middle name???
It is Josie Elizabeth
Yeah! I'm so glad you gave her your middle name. You'll be glad you did that, I promise!!
Oh she is sooo beautiful.
Maggie and Owen are getting so big.
What a beautiful family.
Congratulations!
She is perfect! I want to see her in person :)
Wendy
I also wanted to add that I am totally with you on the "alone" time in the hospital! Other than nursing the baby, it was nice to just be there and have other people coming in and checking on ME for once! I hope you are still getting along ok and I hope we can meet Miss Josie soon!
Meg,
She is precious! And I love the middle name. I was the same way with Eric and the hospital. I really needed him at home when John Hunter and I arrived. Those were nights he could rest in his own bed. Take care!
Kendra
meg that's perfect! elizabeth! you know JR will probably call her jeb...:-)
tell maggie and owen we love them! and kiss josie for us!
love,
lori
She is beautiful!!!!! I cannot wait to meet her on V-day! Tell Mag she has to share her.
Post a Comment