So, Josie and I have been here at the hospital since Saturday while Joe has been home to stay with Maggie and Owen. She has gone up and down, during the day she does great and has come off the oxygen they are giving her but when she gets in a deep sleep she drops down in the 80's again. One of the criteria for going home is having no oxygen for 24 hours and staying in the 90's so that is what we're wating for. Today she's done great and has been oxygen free since 10 am so I am hopeful we'll get to go tommorow but we will see how the night goes.
I have never had so much free time since I became a mom as I just sit here all day with her and have caught up on all the news of the world. If you have any questions about britney spears ask me because I have watched 5 hours worth of "specials" on her. They also bring me food since I am nuring Josie so between eating all day and watching TV i will probably weigh more when I leave then I did when I was pregnant. :) I got to watch the oscars as well and can I just say, seriously!! There was more foreign language spoken than english! This is America people. (small pet peeve of mine) This is the longest I have ever been away from Maggie and Owen, so that has been the hardest part. I have missed them so much, although they seem to have been having lots of fun with daddy.
My wonderful mom was so sweet to come up yesterday to keep Maggie and Owen so Joe could get back to work. She probably feels like she lives with us as she's been at our house pretty for a month! We really appreciate her coming back to help out with all this going on and thanks to dad as well for letting us have her yet again! I know you miss not having her there.
Well, I just wanted to update on what is going on with her and thank everyone who has prayed for her. They have been answered, she has gotten through all this great so far and is even up to 9 lbs. 1 oz! If you know about RSV, especially in a 3 week old it could have been a very bad situation so thanks again for praying for her. Here are a few pics of her in her first hospital stay...and hopefully last.
This is how she's looked the whole time, happy and content. I almost think she's enjoyed the break from Maggie and Owen. :) I know for sure she's never had such peaceful quiet nursing sessions as she has had here.
4 comments:
Thank You Meghan for the update. I called MIMI yesterday and received word about Miss Josie. I am thankful she seems to be doing better. What a GREAT mom you do have! She's the best and I miss her. But I know all is well and Maggie and Owen are in good hands. How sweet of Matt too! Take care of yourselves!
Weve been thinking of you all. Glad to hear Josie is on the mend. You are such a great mom!
:)
meghan! josie is growing so much already!!!!!! and i think maggie is really amanda's daughter....are you sure she didn't give birth to her??? she will probably be a performer just like lou!
i'm glad josie is doing better...sounds like you might get to come home soon...love to you all!
lori
Meghan,
I can't imagine staying at the hospital for how many days? I hope Josie feels better, and she looks way more comfortable than 95% of the 30-40 babies under the age of 12 months I see each week. Not an easy thing to do in the hospital! I love each and every one of you.
Liv
Post a Comment