Nick and Neila are buying a house in our neighborhood, they just put a bid on it today, so we are THRILLED about that. Neila and I have always wanted to be neighbors and now that is going to happen so we are so excited and looking forward to many fun times.
So last night at 11 o'clock I was not asleep, nor was I tending to my baby....here is what I was doing.....
making bunny cookies for maggie's preschool easter party today. I had planned on getting them done earlier but realized I didn't have the cookie cutters I needed plus it's easier to get it done with out little hands helping. I went to her party today and took Josie, we left Owen down the street with Shannon to play with Bella. She had alot of fun, they painted their faces like bunnies and made ears plus had an easter egg hunt where she wound up with like 30 eggs so she had tons of candy. Since Maggie isn't a candy person, Owen was very happy with all she brought home.
Owen also had fun with Bella and Shannon said he was good so that is always good for me to hear. I asked him if he'd been nice and he said, yes. Then he said, "well, I was just a little bit mean to Bella mom, just a little bit." At least he's honest.
Maggie looked so cute and told me it was the best easter party she'd ever been to. She was glad Josie came and she got to show her off.
Here is Owen after he had gone through Maggie's candy.
And of course some more pics of Josie being her happy self. Maggie and I had so much fun with her this afternoon. Maggie had her just smiling away, which thrilled Maggie. She is such a happy baby!
So a few funny stories to end this post....
Owen had become the King of trying to make up excuses for not going to bed yet. He has tried all the usuals.....brush his teeth again, drink of water, tell everyone goodnight, etc. Last night I was putting him down and he begins telling me things he needs to do and as he says them I remind him we have already done those things. He sits there a second and finally says, "Mommy, you forgot to cut my clips" I wasn't sure what he was talking about so he says it again and holds up his fingers. I cracked up, knowing he meant I didn't clip his nails. I told him we only have to do that about once a week since they don't grow that fast. This seemed to be a good enough answer as he went to sleep after that.
We were at Cracker Barrell last week one evening and began talking to a lady and her mother who were sitting next to us. They lived together and had like 14 dogs as they took in abused and homeless dogs. They also had various other animals they had rescued. They were really nice and maggie being the animal lover she is had a million questions about their animals. They lady then asks Maggie if she has any animals to which Maggie replies, "No, my mommy doesn't like animals." Which is pretty much true....but to the animal rescuers I tried to smooth it over and explained I have athsma/allergies to them so it isn't alot of fun for me to be around them...which is also true. Ahhhh, kids say the darndest things huh?
Mom and Dad came up today to visit a few days so the kids have had fun playing with them all evening. I am sure we will have more fun tommorow to tell about.
3 comments:
poor owen he had to sit in time out during egg time and he didn't get his nails clipped. your stories have me crying im laughing so hard.
oh my gosh, josie is adorable! she is too cute. i can't wait to see her again. maggie's easter dress is way cute. i wouldn't mind to have one. do you think they sell it in kid's large? tell bobo I will clip his nails when i visit. i love you and the pics of the kids.
Carlyn thought that Maggie looked like Ruby ( of Max and Ruby) in her adorable Easter dress. Love the pics of the kids as always, you've got such a precious brood!
Kirsten
Post a Comment