This week was spent mainly at docors offices. I went to see a surgeon about my pain which I was sure was my gall bladder by this point and she looked at my chart, saw I had a history of pancreatitis and said, "we need to take your gall bladder out." So I am scheduled for gall bladder surgery in a month which gives me plenty of time to stock pile my milk for Josie since I will have to pump and dump for about 24 hours after the surgery. I was so hoping we would not have to do the surgery but she explaiend that it is not worth the risk of getting pancreiatitis again which is really serious, and taking out the gall bladder isn't really too big of a deal. I am dreading being put to sleep more than any of it but anyhow, that was the outcome of that visit. I dropped the kids off to Joe at his office while I went to my appt. and they had alot of fun. Maggie was his personal secretary running notes to his workers for him. When I called to say I was on my way she answered the phone, "Joe's office." She talked about how much fun his office was the whole way home.
Owen also had a eye appt. this week to have his left eye checked. He has strabismus in his left eye a little. This is where it turns in some, mainly just when he's tired or not concentrating on anything. I have had it watched for over a year and since he still has it some, wanted it checked again. The doctor was so nice and super with kids and as wild as Owen can be he is the poster child for doctor/dentist visits. Whatever they as him to do or do to him he is perfectly agreeable. (if only he had that attitude at the picture place) So the visit went well. The doctor says his vision is great but we need to get the left eye stronger so it doesn't lead to eye problems. So he has him wearing a patch over his strong eye an hour a day for 3 days a week. I didn't think it would be a problem with him and boy was I right, he loves the patch. He thinks he is a pirate. He asked me today if he could wear one on the other eye as well. ;) I told him then he couldn't see and he just laughed. I am hoping this corrects the problem for him and we don't have to do anything more invasive.
Yesterday we spent the day at home just playing since we had run all week. We headed out to the summit in the evening to do some returning and met up with Joe for dinner. I put the girls in matching outfits and the looked so cute.
Maggie adores Josie and Josie is pretty fond of her as well. I was fixing the girls hair in bows and Owen grabs a headband and says, "I need my headband for my hair." He wouldn't take it off and wore it to the mall, but I wouldn't let him wear it once we got there as I thought he may look a bit strange in a purple headband, and figured Joe would rather him be in a baseball cap. :) He is such a funny little boy.
On our way home last night Maggie was hitting me with 200 questions about where the sun rises from, what makes it so bright, etc. You know, questions I need the internet to answer. All of a sudden she says, "so mom, how do you make a baby?" I luckily answered with, "what do you mean?" And she says, you know, like my babys and bears. How do you make them? I laughed and said, oh, you know like they do at build a bear." She agreed that was right, except she doesn't think they probably put a heart in them anywhere else. That was easy enough...for now.
Well, we are headed to Thunder over Louisville in a few hours. the kids are napping so they will be rested up. We are bummed because the weather isn't nice at all like last year, colder and cloudy. But as long as it doesn't rain it should be fun. Shannon, Preston and their girls are going with us so I know the kids will have fun. Well, I need to get ready so I will update soon wiht pics from that.
Here are some pics of Josie the other day in her shirt from MOPS. I was trying to get a cute pic of her to make thank you notes with.
Maggie was acting up the other day and I heard Owen say, "you better stop or Mommy will take you some place bad, like MOPS!" Lucky for him there is only 1 more meeting. :)
And here is Josie and her cute little (or not so little) belly.
3 comments:
Meghan,
Thank you for the updates on the kids! I thought I would crack up over Owen's comment to Maggie about MOPS!! He would not be good advertisement!:) I can't believe how big(and beautiful)Josie is!
Can't wait to them soon!
Debbie
Owen and the headband made me crack up. Josie is too cute. Tell Mae Mae I bet she is a great secretary. I love you all and miss you.
Meghan, I have to say that I love MOPS, too! We only have a few meetings left, but hopefully my table group will get together some this summer... Owen's comment about it was funny. My son, James, cries a little at first, but he's fine after a few minutes. I love reading about your precious family! Your stories about the kids are great! Keep up the super job!
Post a Comment