We got to visit with all my family as well and spend the day with my cousins, Lori, JR, and Julie, and their kids. Maggie and Owen had so much fun swimming with their cousins.
I hate we aren't close enough to do this more often.
Josie hung out with mom inside for the most part since it was so hot outside.
Owen loved jumping in the pool but could not get himself to the steps to get out and jump again.
So whoever was nearby got to drag him to the steps so he could climb out and go again. At one point he was eating lunch and had forgotten he had taken off his ring and jumped right in the deep end of the pool. Luckily Lori was close enough to "rescue" him. I am glad Maggie and Owen like the water but times like this scare me to death thinking "what if" I hadn't been right there. We had another episode at the pool a few weeks ago where Owen got under water and couldn't get up and I had to get him, despite the fact that the lifeguard was right beside him.
I got to take some "me" time and get a haircut which was nice. We were going to come back Thursday but decided to just stay until friday since mom and dad's neighborhood was having it's yard sale and the kids were excited to go look at everyone's junk. Dad gave them some money to spend and they both came home with quite a few treasures.
We headed back Friday afternoon and got back a little before Joe. The kids were so excited to see him. We were all a little tired so we just grabbed some dinner and hung out at home. I am going to the spa tommorow morning for my mother's day package adn am so excited about that. I know this is fathers day weekend,,,but it is the only open weekend we have had in forever!
2 comments:
only two more days until I see you!!! I can't wait!
Meghan - hope you all are doing good. Josie is precious. Tell Maggie that Annie is excited to be a part of the sticker club. We need to get together soon!!! Wendy
Post a Comment