Monday, June 02, 2008

SUMMERTIME!!

What a fun summer we are going to have. It's just the beginning of June and we have already begun getting into all of our summer activities. A few weekends ago Neila-Susan and I decided to take the kids to the zoo for the day. I hadn't been to the zoo in several years which must have caused my lapse in memory for how very much I hate the zoo! I am sure it doesn't help that I have major animal allergys and athsma...but despite that I just don't see much fun in looking at dirty, smelly animals. Owen seemed about as impressed as I was, and seems to have gotten my bad allergy gene since by the time we left his eyes were quite puffy and red. Of course Maggie, my future vet, loved every animal and wanted to know their name and what they ate. Anyhow, we did have a fun day despite the animals. :) haha.

















I think Carson and Owen enjoyed the zoo food more than any of it. Josie was great and slept most of the day.















Our free kid movie also began last week and the first movie was "Everyone's Hero" which I hadn't really heard much about but since it was free we decided to go see it with a few of our friends. It turned out to be one of the cutest movies I have seen in awhile and the kids both loved it. This is Josie's 4th movie she's been to and once again slept through the whole thing. We are headed back tommorow for this weeks movie, The Bee Movie" so the kids are excited about that as well.

I worked last Thursday and Friday so mom and dad came up to keep the kids. They had so much fun and mom made my life easier by potty training Owen while she was here. He is totally potty trained as far as peeing, the other is taking a little more work. Although he did just fine for mom with both. They took Owen to get a toy at Walmart since he'd done so well with wearing underwear and he got the spiderman car he'd been eyeing for months. Maggie couldn't be left out, of course, so she got her pick of toys as well. We somehow ended up at Walmart again the next night where Maggie spotted a princess tea set she just had to have. As things usually go with Jah Jah, she got it and Owen wound up getting a spiderman outfit, actually the black spiderman, which he has pretty much worn everyday since. I will have to get his picture in it. Josie did great for them and I would come home to nurse her at lunch so she just usually took one bottle. I had frozen milk in about 4-5 oz. and wasn't sure how much she'd take. Friday when I came home she had taken the entire 4.5 oz which I am guessing stuffed her since this is where she was and had been for a few hours they said.
















Looks pretty satisfied huh. :)

I feel like poor Josie has been sick her whole life, well basically she has. They told me after having RSV at such a young age her lungs would be damaged for along time and she'd be alot more suseptible to getting respitory illnesses. They weren't lying. She has had a horrible cough since pretty much she got out of the hospital. A few weeks ago she got pretty bad again and seemed to be having a hard time breathing. Her respirations were pretty high as well and Joe was heading out of town so I was a little nervous about what I was going to do if she crashed on me in the middle of the night. He was going to Ashland and since we all had planned on going anyhow, he just took Maggie and Owen with him and met up with mom and they went to her house for the night. They had fun and aside from Owen's 3 am melt down for mommy all went well. I had 2 whole days with just Josie and should have gotten alot done but I didn't really know what to do with myself. When I just have Josie it always makes me laugh at how I thought I had no time to do anything when Maggie was a baby. I felt like I had all the time in the world those 2 days, and didn't get much done for some reason. Anyhow Josie is feeling better, but still sounds like a 40 year smoker when she coughs. She was 4 months last week..
















We can't believe how big she's getting. She just rolled over today for the first time, she has been working on it for weeks.

Yesterday was a perfect day. We woke up to a gorgeous day and got ready for the pool. Since we plan to be at the pool all summer this was going to be our trial run at how the summer would go. I can say now it is going to be awesome. We got there at 10 and didn't leave until 2 and everyone had a blast. Maggie and Owen loved it again this year and are pretty self sufficient. Maggie can even go down the huge water slide by herself.
















That is pretty much what she does the whole time. Josie hung out in her stroller most of the time with Molly, either sleeping or watching the kids.




















All our friends were there so the kids all played great, and between all the moms all our kids are pretty well watched. Shannon, Al, and I all have babys that are nursing so we had out own "milk corner" set up. Free lunch begins next week so that will make it even easier since I won't have to pack lunches. So we are so excited for summer and all the fun we're going to have!



3 comments:

Amanda said...

i have to see them soon! josie is so so so pretty! tell them aunt amanda is coming in july so get ready to play hard! i love you all.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Come visit us !! We miss you!
:) Kirsten and kids

Anonymous said...

meg josie is so cute in those pictures! she still doesn't look like maggie or owen yet!! they are all beautiful!
love you!
lori