She is in class with her friend Isaac so not much could have made her not like it. :) She has a new teacher this year which she said is "so much fun and super nice." The first day I let her out in drop off line and she just ran up the sidewalk. I rolled down the window and said, "Maggie, I love you!" and she turned around and just smiled and headed inside. I can't believe this is her last year of preschool and next year she will begin "real" school. I am hoping this year goes by slowly....but it never does does it???
Owen had fun while she was at school and spent the morning rocking out on the star station.
Owen's first real day was today.
He had orientation last week, which they only go to their room for 1 hour while the parents have a meeting. My friend Sheila kept the girls for me so I could totally focus on Owen this day since I wasn't sure how he would do with preschool. We dropped the girls off at Sheila's and drove to preschool. When I went to get him out of the car I felt his shorts were wet...he had peed his pants in the short 10 minute car ride!! I could not believe it. I said, "Owen, you potty'd your pants on your first day at school!" He looked down and said "I did?, Why did I do that?" You can't help but love Owen. :) Always keeps you on your toes. So, I just took off his underwear and put his shorts back on since they weren't soaked. His teacher just laughed and dismissed it to nerves. I am guessing it was more not paying attention though. I peeked in on him a few times and couldn't believe it was my Owen. He was sitting so nicley and doing just what he was told. When I went to pick him up his teacher said he couldn't have been better and he even got the first treat for picking up and sitting down when she told them to! So if he can just get his bowel and bladder in order he should have a great year!
Today I took him to school and he was insistent on getting out in carpool line. I just couldn't bring myself to let him out today, he still seems so little since he just turned 3 a few months ago and I just wanted to be sure he knew where he was going. He wasn't happy about me walking him in at first but once he saw many others mommy's where he forgot. He led the way and went right to his class so Thursday I am going to let him do it on his own in the drop off line. (and yes, probably go in after and make sure he made it)
Maggie, Josie and I went to our first MOPS this year which was fantastic. Maggie loves MOPS and Josie is so good she couldn't care less where she was so it was a wonderful 2 hour break for me. I love all my friends from MOPS and am looking forward to a fun year with them.
We picked Owen up after school and he was adorable. He was so excited and had a great first day. Mrs. Boyd told me he was wonderful. He told me all the fun things he did and played so it sounds like he is going to like it.
Between preschool everyday, library time, dance and soccer we have a full fall schedule. Of course, we will be having some pj days in there as well. :)
2 comments:
meg he looks so cute... john hunter goes to moms day out and i miss him while he is there but am so thankful for the time... looks like everyone is doing well
Oh my goodness! Maggie looks adorable in her pink and brown and matching shoes-too cute. That is a precious look on Owen's face standing on the sidewalk.
How proud you must be of your school kids!
Kirsten :)
Post a Comment