Last weekend was Light up Shelbyville. This is basically just the town's kick off for Christmas, there are lots of vendors in the street with give aways and candy. Lots of food for sale and other carnival items. This is Me and Neila Susan's 3rd year attending this and we always enjoy ourselves and of course end the night with a funnel cake! We were all going to go but Saturday morning Owen got sick. Appears he got the horrible stomach bug that is going around this town. He was pretty sick all day and no matter how many times we gave him a bucket and told him to get sick in it...every time he got sick he'd stand up, walk to the middle of the floor and puke! So my carpet is in major need of Stanley Steemers now. He stayed home with Joe the night and rested up while Me and the girls met up with Carson, NeilaSusan and her mom downtown. We let the kids get their faces painted and Maggie wanted a pink heart.
She loved it and kept asking if she had smeared it. After that it was to the horse drawn carriage rides down main street.
Maggie loves this and every year picks the horse she wants to pull our buggy. This year we had to let several people ahead of us so she got the horse she wanted. After that we just walked around some and signed up for give aways.
Josie enjoyed all the people and lights and was really good right up until the end. It got pretty cold that night so I think she was very ready to get back in the warm car.
Owen was much better Sunday morning but I kept him home from church just to be sure he didn't spread his germs around. Joe and Maggie went to church and when they got home we just had lunch and hung around the house the rest of the afternoon.
The kids have begun playing together alot more latley. Yeseterday Maggie was helping me cook in the kitchen so she had on her new apron and hat from thirty one! How cute is this.
After awhile Owen comes in dressed as the black spiderman and they began playing the Maggie was the chef and Owen was spiderman who stopped in to get something to eat.
While eating a bad guy came in (me) and he had to save the cafe.
I love my kids imaginations.
I had a very sweet moment with Owen last week. He and I were driving to Josie's 9 month appointment and listening to a christian radio station. I was singing along to a song and looked in my rearview mirror at him and he had the sweetest smile on his face. I asked him what he was smiling about and he said, "I'm just thinkin about God and Jesus." I told him that was a great thing to think about and he just kept on smiling and said, "thank you." He is such a sweet boy.
Last Tuesday I took all the kids with me to vote and as we were headed there I was explaining to them what voting was and why we do it and what a great privledge it is. They were all great in there and no one busted out our political views while in there which was a relief. When we were leaving Maggie said, "America is so great. We can vote for who we want to run our country, we can pray to our God and no one can tell us not to. This place is great.... let's stay here along time."
I hope and pray it stays that "great."
Josie has begun blowing raspberries (which I never understood why it's called that) but it is a favorite pastime of hers. Owen absolutley LOVES this as he thinks she is making tooting noises. It's like they have found their own little common ground and he has really connected with her on this level. I haven't broken it to him that she has no idea what a toot even is and that isn't why she is laughing too.
You all get a small sneak peak of the kids Christmas attire. I tried their outfits on them today and they both loved them and wanted to leave them on. So for a big part of the afternoon they played in these.
Maggie jazzed hers up a little big.
3 comments:
hey meg...i'm so happy that you're getting to do what you wanted (from the time you were old enough to hold a babydoll!!)...being a mommy. i think you are a great mom and i'm proud of the way you and joe are teaching your kids about values and morals and the importance of God in their lives. this is something that will stay with them forever, no matter what path they choose to take as adults. they will always remember what their parents stood for and taught them. you guys are doing good!
we love all of you very much and miss you!
Love, Lori
i wish i could see them in their outfits. oh my goodness, bobo's outfit is adorable. i'm so proud of josie!
ok, seriously, owen, that outfit, and those glasses ... soooo friggin cute!!! that kid is too hilarious!
Post a Comment