Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Tricks

So Josie is a few weeks away from being 1 and I have been such a horrible blogger that I haven't really noted any of her milestones on here....although they are in a baby book. Josie is known around here as our early bloomer...being that she became mobile before the age of one! She has pretty much surpassed all of Maggie and Owen's milestones. She started really crawling around 9 months old and pulling up at 10 months.














She is cruising around furniture now and taking a few steps behind push toys....she may walk before her first birthday but I am thinking it will probably be a little later, which is what I am hoping.
She has in the past few weeks (11 months) began playing peek a boo, blowing kisses, and clapping. She is waving and saying bye bye, mama, dada, and no no. But rarley on demand. And when I yell for Maggie or Owen she makes the same vocal noise like she is trying to yell for them too. So cute. She is crazy about Maggie and Owen and follows them around as much as she can.....or they let her. She is still a happy baby....but has shown us that she is very capable of throwing a tantrum. Especially if you don't have her food ready when she's in her high chair. She LOVES almost every food and her current favorite is avacados.




















She spends alot more time in her PJ's than Maggie or Owen ever did at this age....and prefers them to clothes already.
Here she is a few mornings ago when I went to get her after she woke up.
















How lucky am I to get to see this every morning! We all think she's about the cutest thing ever...even Maggie and Owen are always telling me, "mom, Josie is just too cute." Yes, I am aware we are a little partial.....
And we are aware that she has "crazy hair" and in these pictures appears to have a toupee on her head! Any suggestions would be welcomed. :) She has had about 4 haircuts and the hair just grows straight towards her face instead of back. Owen's does the same thing....but being a boy we can cut it. But even with crazy hair....HOW CUTE!

You will see a little more of Josie's personality in her 1 year photo session coming up soon!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

What you will have to do is pull it back every day so it trains back or part some forward (very little) and cut some bangs and then comb the rest back while it's wet every day. Emma had major troll hair and I went for the bangs as I didn't want to have to put it up every day. Josie is adorable regardless!

Anonymous said...

yep she is just about the cutest thing ever! but who does she look like???? :-)
lori

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Her room is ADORABLE! But not as cute as she is. :)