We had a total of 13 kids here all under the age of 8 which made for a very LOUD, but fun New Years Eve. We had tons of yummy food and a great time hanging out with each other. The kids all had a blast and ran wild....and they all (babies aside) stayed up to see the ball fall. Owen passed out around 1:45 under this chair downstairs.
My sis, Amanda, also came to our house that night. The kids were thrilled she was here, and she quickley became a favorite of all the kids, of course.
Our last guests left at about 3 am and Amanda, Joe, and I stayed up until 4 (actually Amanda and Joe stayed up later). I don't think Joe and I have kept those kind of hours in years so it took us several days to recoop. We had a great time with everyone and hope to do it again before next years New Years.
Amanda stayed a few days and took the kids to Walmart to pick out their Christmas gifts (she got them savings bonds but I think Maggie guilted her by asking what she got them) so she let them pick out something there....to which I had to put a price limit as she just said, "pick out what you want." Owen quickly picked out yet another super hero costume. This time it was Incredible Hulk. He has worn it proudly for days. Maggie took about 45 minutes to finally decide upon a little puppy nursery, which she has had lots of fun playing with until Owen comes along and knocks down every baby bottle she has lined up perfectly. And I told Amanda to skip over Josie this year since she didn't even know what she had gotten for Christmas. We had fun visiting with Amanda and can't wait for her to visit again!
We had several fun game nights/get togethers with our friends Jeff, Sheila and their kids while Joe was off. (Actually I think we saw them everyday for like 5 days straight) We took all the kids bowling one day which was fun, although I was absolulty HORRIBLE. Seriously....even Owen beat me.
The kids all had fun bowling and next time we are going to try out roller skating.
Now we are getting back into the swing of preschool and other activities and gearing up for Josie's 1st birthday!! I can't believe it is almost here.
No comments:
Post a Comment