Monday, August 02, 2010

Big girl bed!

So Josie and Emmie are going to share a room whenever I decide to stick Emmie upstairs and out of our room. Josie is still in a baby bed so I was going to have to buy another one for Emmie. Several people said to just movie Josie to a toddler bed and have Emmie use the crib to which I laughed and said No Way! There is not a chance Josie would stay in a bed that she can get right out of and I need her naptime way too much.
Well, the more I thought about it I decided to just give it a try and see what happened.....expecting of course the worst. A friend of mine had a toddler bed she wasn't using so I told her I would probably just need to borrow it for a few days, because I knew Josie wouldn't stay put in it so I would just have to put her back in the crib.

Well, the first night I put her to bed and she was so excited. I didn't mention "don't get out of bed" so that if she hadn't thought of it I wasn't putting an idea in her head. Well, to my surprise she went straight to sleep and didn't get up until around 9 the next morning. I told Joe it was probably just because she was extra tired and that i was sure she'd get up at naptime. Wrong again....laid right down and went to sleep for her ususal 3-4 hour nap! I thought at first that maybe she wasn't quite as smart as we'd thought....and had no idea she could get out. :) But she gets up in the morning and after nap and comes right down. So here we are a few weeks out and she has never once gotten up out of that bed for naptime or night! So I owe her an apology for having such little faith in her....Sorry JoJo!



Here she is sleeping away in her big girl bed.



















I am not sure when I will move Emmie up....her bed is ready but I am not so ready to trust that Josie won't launch something into the bed on top of her yet!

No comments: