I love going to mom and dads for many reasons, but love that there are so many people right there on their street that I enjoy seeing. My Aunt and Uncle, whom I LOVE, live right next door. Some of my favorite times growing up were spent at their house playing games or watching movies with Patti K, and I still enjoy hanging out there with her! And so do my kids....they LOVE her toys. :)
My very first friend ever, Josh, now lives in his parents house with his wife and two kiddos. I absolutly LOVE his wife, Tab, and enjoy hanging out with her and their kiddos when we are home. We both have alot in common....love to shop, hang out at the pool, and both are loyal coke drinkers. :) If we lived closer we would be together all the time I am sure!
On the other side of Mom and Dad is one of my other friends growing up, Christina. She and her husband and their 2 little ones live in her parents house. Her sister, Carolyn, happened to be out as well this weekend with her kids.
So on Sunday evening, Josh and Tab came down with their kids, Christina and Carolyn came over with their kids, I was there with mine, and my cousin Jay (who also grew up on the street) was there with his youngest daughter, Gracie. It was so neat to see all of the friends I had growing up and watching all our kids play together.
Here are some pictures of the kids playing out front...
And here are all our kiddos....
We also got to see Lisa and Terry and their kiddos while we were in. They came out to visit and meet Emmie Jayne. I used to watch her kids when they were my kids ages and I can't beleive how big they are now! And that before I know it my kids will be their ages!
And you can see how agreeable Josie was being about the picture. :)
I had a fun girls night with Karri, Tab, and Christina which is always fun! Then Wednesday morning I headed back home and stopped to shop a bit in Lexington. Mom and Patti K left later Wednesday afternoon with my kids (minus emmie) and came to my house to stay a few days until Joe got home. It was so nice to have the day with just 1 baby....I can't believe how much I got done!
We loved having Mom and PK here, Emmie really loved it since Patti K loves babies like I do and pretty much held her the entire time. :)
I got so much done around the house that I had been putting off, such as organzing all my tubs of kids clothes and getting them to consignment. I also got to get my hair cut, run errands, and go to dr. appt.'s alone! A wonderful treat for me. :) The only problem with MiMi being here is that there is just one of her. She is always the hot item when she's here and my 3 oldest constantly fight for their Mimi time.
Joe got home Sunday afternoon and the kids were all so happy to see him. He brought them all back Brazil shirts and got himself a Caterpillar Brazil soccer jersey.
As much as we hated him being gone so long I think his trip was even more miserable for him! Let's just say I don't think he cares to go back there for quite a long time!
No comments:
Post a Comment