Here is Owen picking out of the jar....
and todays pick was......
Yep, making sock puppets. the kids were excited to do this!
We headed out to swimming lessons first. They are at 9 am and wow, I will be glad when that is over with. 9 am is wayyyy too early for summertime to be anywhere, including the pool. We had thought about doing swim team this year but I made the decistion that we would not...and am so so sure that I made the right decision on that one. None of them kids are ready to be up and anywhere at 9 in our house. :)
Maggie and Owen are doing awesome at lessons. Josie didn't have a lesson today so she and Emmie Jayne just swam in the little pool while they had their lesson. Owen is getting diving very fast and well. Maggie is having a harder time with it which is super frusterating for her. She is used to doing everything very well, and ussually the first time. So she is not happy that Owen is getting it faster than she is. She stayed after and practiced for about 20 minutes trying to perfect it today. We stayed a few hours after lessons so the kids could swim some. The 3 older ones had so much fun playing together.
They all 3 do so well together and have great imaginations. I am thankful that they are all so close in age and always have playmates to have fun with.
I just hung out with Emmie Jayne and tried to keep her from drowning!! She is fearless when it comes to water.....well, actually when it comes to anything.
After we got home from swimming the kids all rested a little bit and then we started on our puppets while Emmie Jayne was sleeping. The jar of fun is more fun when she is not participating. haha.
I have a bag of mismatched socks that I keep thinking the missing sock is going to show up, so I pulled it out and let the kids pick one. They all were so cute and knew just what they wanted. The girls were pretty basic ones....the normal things you would put on a puppet. But Owen is always thinking outside the box....and kept adding more and more to his puppet.
They worked on them for a good while, the girls got done before Owen. Here they are with theirs....
And Owen with his...
They played with those together for a good bit and then began making a script for their puppet show. We had to run a few errands but when we got back home they put on their puppet show for me. I am not really sure the whole plot of it but it was comical.
This little cutie missed out on all the puppet fun today
but she didn't seem to care. I let her play out front while Maggie, Owen, and Josie were finishing up their puppet script and she was just fine with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment