And her pick was for us to play pretend restaurant.
The kids all love playing restaurant with their kitchen, but they love even more when I will play with them and pretend like I am a customer. We decided to let Emmie Jayne in on this today and played after she got up from nap which proved to be a not so great decision. haha. Let's just say most of my food ended up on the floor and she and Owen had a few fights over who was going to be the cook. I think we will probably stick with doing our jar of fun things while she naps!
Maggie and Owen did awesome at swimming lessons today. They both got their dives today which thrilled Maggie. They began working on the breat stroke and butterfly and did pretty good.
Josie has gone from night to day with swimming since last year. Last year she would do nothing at swim lessons and pretty much wasted our money. This year she has no fear at all and is ready to try whatever the instructor wants her to do. Today she mastered floating on her back and laid there a good full minute or so.
She also swam half the length of the swimming pool all by herself, which is a huge full size pool. The guard had her last year and has gone on and on about how great she is doing this year. After lessons today she took her outside to the huge water slide and had Josie go down it by herself. I thought for sure Josie would change her mind once she got up there but she sat right down and came down and even swam to the side. She wanted to do it again after that.
I was so very proud of her for doing so well and getting over her fear of the slide! Last year she wouldn't even talk about going on that. The lifeguard told me she would get away from using her swimmy floats this summer since she is swimming on her own. I don't want to stop her swimming alone that is going well but I also can'tn watch her every second at the pool so it gives me a peace of mind to know that she has that added protection! Tommorow Maggie and Owen have another lesson and than we have a few errands to run. Joe comes home from Mexico tommorow evening and the kids will all be glad to see him.
No comments:
Post a Comment