Sunday, November 10, 2013

Light up Shelbyville

This weekend was Light up Shelbyville in our town, which the kids always enjoy going to. Joe and I like it as well since we always run into friends and people we know....some of which we don't  get to see that often. So it is always nice catching up with old friends.  

Josie and Owen's classes sang this year and they both did a good job....but I didn't get any pictures of them in action.  

After they sang we went down to some vendors and got our dinner for the evening.  Joe and Owen raved about some mexican something that they got...I could not even stomach to look at it let alone eat it.  But they thought it was great. 
Maggie and I played it safe with corn on the cobs on a stick and Josie got a hot dog and chips.  
Emmie was not seeing anything she was wanting so her dinner consisted of a bag of cheetos.  


We took our food and headed back to where they light the tree.  The kids had some freinds that were singing as well so they wanted to get back to see them sing too.  

Here are my 4 kiddos looking festive for the occastion. :)


My Maggie Mae getting all grown up on me.....and so beautiful!




Emmie Jayne had a great view of the lighting of the tree!



It was getting pretty cold as the evening went on and of course none of my kids had coats! (Neither did I....Joe was the only one prepared)

Josie was pretty much done for the night so Joe headed back to the van with she and Emmie Jayne while Mag, Owen and I waited to see if they won the bike giveaway. (Owen won it 2 years ago so every year he is hopeful)




This always feels like the kickoff for Christmas.....although it is weeks before Thanksgiving.  :)  But always lots of fun.  :) And always makes me miss Neila Susan as the first two years I ever came (the first we didn't even live here yet!) I was with her!







No comments: