Sunday, May 14, 2006

Big Girl Maggie





So we have some very exciting news! Maggie has peed on the potty twice this morning. We took her diaper off this morning and told her if she had to go she needed to tell us and she said okay. Well, awhile later I heard her in her room and she had peed all over her little kitchen for some reason. I told her she didn't have to pee on the potty but if she did she would get a surprise. We sat her potty out in the floor and several minutes later Joe heard the sound of pee and thought she was peeing in the floor again. He jumped up to get onto her and saw that she was sitting on her potty peeing and grinning so big. After doing the Dora "we did it" dance and song we gave her a prize. She has really begun liking these "little pets" so I stocked up on some yesterday. I had actually gotten them for our flight home but figured this was a good reason to go ahead and get them out. Well, once she figured out she gets a prize if she pees it wasn't 15 more minutes before she was back on the potty again and then asking for her prize. So that was big news for us this morning. She hasn't quite figured the whole potty thing out though since she took off running awhile later to the potty and sat down. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "oh mom, I had to toot". She tooted on the potty and got back up. Pretty funny.

So my mothers day started out nice. I got to sleep in until 9 or so. Maggie then wanted to show me something downstairs and I found she and Owen had made cards for me. Owen's card was covered in cheerios and Maggie had drawn flowers and had daddy write a few things for me. My favorite line was "more cookies, more chips, no apples". (He said he asked her what to write and this is what she said) So we are going to try out a new church today that is going to be here in Kiel. It is english speaking and brand new so we will see how it goes.

I just got done looking at all my sister's new pictures on her blog of Greece, Turkey. and Spain. They are getting to see alot of neat and beautiful places. We are also living in Europe, but it seems our views are quite different. Joe and I were pretty impressed with this little spot we found the other night.....that is until we saw their pictures! :)













So yesterday we got out of the house and down to a little shoping area around Kiel. We had been told there was a staples there so we were hoping there may be other stores we were familiar with. Well, there wasn't but we did find a burger king that we ate lunch at. We shopped around a little more before finding an ice cream place and getting maggie a popcicle. She thought it was a great day as you can see.

Owen enjoyed riding around and being outside.



















I am loving my mini van and here is just one of the reasons. I don't have to hunt down a bathroom to do a diaper change anymore.

















Well, happy mothers day to everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Meghan and MIMI too!!!! I'm so with Maggie, more cookies, more chips and no apples! Especially on Mother's Day! Let us know about the new church.

Anonymous said...

Me again -- want to let you know that I allowed myself a Mother's Day treat and am now officially caught up with the "Burke News" (and the Dean Machine too). I am amazed and thankful with the internet and how wonderful it is to be able to stay in touch. I love all the pictures. I love sharing the special moments of your family. Thanks! Can you print each blog? Both Maggie and O will someday love having their own copies (well, Maggie may not like the "crack" but most of it anyway).

Nicole said...

Go Maggie! I'm glad she's warming up to the potty. It will be nice for you to be down to one kid in diapers! And I had to laugh about what you said about your minivan. In-car diaper changes were my favorite thing, too, when we bought our CR-V :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Maggie needs some Beauty and the Beast panties. I'll see what I can do. It may have to be Dora. Do you think she would pee on Dorothy? Surely not!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us enjoy your pictures and your family adventures in Germany. Your house looks awesome. We love Owen's new haircut. Thanks for all of the cute clothes from Maggie! Mom brought them up this weekend. We really appreciate it! Miss you, Carlyn says to give Maggie and Owen a big hug. Kirsten and family

Mary said...

How's pottyin' goin?