Yesterday the kids and I had a busy day. We left early and headed to a picture lab so I could get some passport photos done for my residency card for Germany. (somehow I lost my US passport pictures in the move) That went fast and easy (although they do slightly resemble mug shots) and the kids were really good. Maggie thought they were taking her picture too so she stood beside me and said "cheese!" We then headed to two different grocery stores since I have figured out who carries certain things and then headed home. Maggie got to ride her favorite ride at Plaza, which is a store. It is two horses pulling a covered wagon that says "El Paso, Texas" on the side of it. How funny is that. And it plays some western song in German. Maggie loves it and tells me that she is Cinderella being pulled to the ball. We then headed home in time for naps. We went to the plant manager's house for dinner last night which was nice. They are American so we had good old steaks and potatos for dinner. There were several other people there so we had a nice time. The kids were great and everyone thought they were really cute. (Of course) Maggie really liked the manager's wife, Barb, and spent half the evening on her lap giving treats to their dogs. (yeah, that really thrilled me)
So as far as potty training is going....as of yesterday it isn't. She was doing so good and hadn't had any accients and yesterday she got up and told me she didn't want to do it anymore. I asked her several times and she never wanted to so I am not going to push it right now, i figure she'll bring it back up again.
We are hoping to book our flights home for the summmer by the weekend. The problem is the site we found a great deal on is in German so we don't know exactly how to book it so I am hoping my German teacher will do it for me tonight when she comes. Tuesday night during my lesson Joe and the kids had a blast upstairs. Maggie loves the song "I like to move it move it" from the Madagascar movie so Joe had it playing and they danced and he pulled them around in a chair which they thought was so funny. Maggie is so cute when she sings the song, she says "I like to moog it moog it".

Our church went really well on Sunday. There were not alot there, only about 15 or so but they were all so nice and 2 were from America so that was great. I met a lady there who is from the UK and has a little girl Maggie's age so we are going to try to get together and let them play. Tommorow we are going over to a ladys house named Steffi that has a little boy, Bjorn, who is Maggie's age. She has invited a few other ladys over with small kids so Maggie will really like that I am sure.
Well, that is about all that is going on here. We are just haning around the house today, it's cooler and rainy outside so I am hoping the nice weather comes back soon.
2 comments:
oh my gosh, i am so proud of maggie. tell her dora is so proud of her! could your kids get any cuter? i loved the pic of the bridge. i want to go there. keep the updates coming.
time to update. you are getting as bad as me.
sis
Post a Comment