Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Joe the barber....I mean BUTCHER

So for who knows what reason, Joe comes home from work and decides that he is going to give Owen a haircut tonight, the day before I am taking the kids to get their picture taken. We just bought some clippers this weekend and I gave Joe a haircut with them, which turned out pretty good, so I am guessing he thought the same would turn out with Owens. I agreed that he needed a trim, but told Joe I didn't want him to take much off. Owen has always had somewhat "crazy" hair, but it's totally adorable on him. And since he's not even one yet I wanted to let it stay crazy a bit longer. So we took him out back and Joe went to work on it. At first it wasn't taking anything off really, so he went down to a closer clipper and that seemed to do the trick. A little too well I would say, Poor Owen's hair was basically gone on top. I was telling Joe, "I can't believe you did this to his hair" which led to Maggie joining in and harping on Joe about "poor Owen's hair." Joe thought it looked great and we would just spike it up. Well, the problem with Owen's hair and spiking is that he has about a million cow licks and they are all random on his head so the "spiking" isn't a problem. It's just where it spikes! We brought him inside and washed his hair to see how much damage had been done. Here are some pictures so you can see for yourself. We did notice that, as you can tell in the before and after pictures, once the dark hair was cut off the top, the hair coming in is quite a bit lighter...maybe even slightly blonde??

Here is Owen during the haircut. He did great and didn't seem to mind the clippers much at all.









But it doesn't look like he was very happy with the end result either!












So after all was said and done he seemed to be okay with his haircut. I on the other hand am just glad his hair grows fast!















All the picture taking of Owen got Maggie a little jealous. She jumped on the horse in Owen's room and screamed...Mom, take a picture of Maggie! So I did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen looks good no matter what his hair looks like! Just keep barber Joe away from Maggie:)

Anonymous said...

I think the little guy looks like a real golfer with that haircut. Joe, you did good, a hidden talent. And Maggie is a beautiful as ever, crack and all. Love and miss you guys.

Neila-Susan said...

Meg, this blog takes the cake! I love the hair cut by Joe! Maybe Joe and Nick need to start their first business in the barber shop industry! I love your pics, I am going to post some on our Blog right now!
Love, NST

Amanda said...

oh my gosh, i don't think your kids could get anymore beautiful. i love them so much. oh my gosh, they are gorgeous! tell maggie that manda and tres miss her and want to come play doda.