
Saturday morning Joe took a train to south Germany to pick up my new mini van that he got me off of ebay.
I love it! I will for sure be getting one when we get back home also. Much easier getting the kids in and out of the car. We have to turn my BMW in on wednesday, which the only part I will miss of that car is the GPS. Joe has me one ordered for my new car and it should be in by next week though. I thought I would take a picture of our two BMW's in front of our 5000 sq. ft. house since I am sure we'll never have this lifestyle again! (Thanks Cat)
So today we didn't go to church since both kids were not feeling well. I spent the day getting the house cleaned somewhat and Joe cleaned out the cars and the garage. We discovered a new problem, only to add to the long list I have going already. At one side of our property we have a compose. I am told the point of this is to ......of course help save the earth.....and throw trash in it that can go back into the ground. I of course have no part in this and so we haven't put anything in it and it isn't very close to our house so I don't pay much attention to it. But today we couldn't help but see that there was some sort of bug fest going on there. I am not sure if these are ants, termite, or what....but if they head toward the house we are out of here. These are the kinds of things that are so stupid about Germans. I mean, do they honestly think if you throw a bunch of old food outside in a pile you won't get bugs???
Of course, I have been informed that they don't mind bugs really. Well, I do, so while they all open their windows to keep cool and fill their homes up wiht bugs this summer....we Americans have purchased a dozen fans and will run them 24/7 while keeping our windows closed and our home bug free! (in case you didn't know they don't have air conditioners here in the homes)My big goal today was accomplished....I got our guest bathroom/bedroom downstairs cleaned and ready for company. We have company coming twice in June so I wanted to be sure that their rooms were ready for them. So Wendy...here is your all's room!



4 comments:
That is disgusting!!! I am glad that I was there before they came out of hibernation. Do they have Orkin or Terminex? Pollute the ground and kill those bugs.
Joe already did. He poured an entire bottle of some bug killer that was supposed to have been concentrated all over it. Needless to say, the bugs were killed along with the wood and everything else!
I don't know how you will adjust to life back in the states after this luxury life you are getting used to, ha ha.
I hope your kids are feeling better. Emma is walking normal today, thank goodness.
I miss you!
yeah, I guess luxery is defined diffrernt over here.....bug central in your back yard??? No thanks! I don't think we'll have any problem coming back to "normal life" in the US!
Post a Comment