Monday, June 05, 2006

Long weekend

Okay, so Joe got home friday evening and we were both so excited to watch grey's anatomy that we put Owen to bed at 7:30 and put a movie on for Maggie so we could get started. By 2 am Saturday morning we had watched the whole season! Saturday morning we didn't do much, we had company coming over that evening so when Maggie went down for a nap Joe and Owen hopped on the train and headed down to the mall to return some things. I got dinner made and the house cleaned up by the time Maggie got up. Joe got back and I needed him to run to the store for me so he took both kids with him to run my errands. I don't remember the last time I had this much time alone without the kids. Ususally I would worry a little while they are gone, but I must have really needed this time because I just finished up things for dinner and gabbed on the phone. I got to catch up with my friend Neila-Susan who is due to give birth anyday now....well, actually due 2 days ago. She is hanging in there like a champ and I can't wait for Carson to get here so she can begin the fun journey of "mommyhood" too! Saturday evening we had a couple come over from our church that we have gotten to know. They are from germany but their english is pretty good. We had mexican food since there isnt' alot of that here and they really liked it. After I put the kids to bed we taught them how to play rummy and stayed up until about 1am playing that. It was alot of fun and we hope to have them and another couple over once more before I leave for the states.
As far as that goes....I have been trying to buy my ticket for a month now. We found the best fare at Airfrance but I can only get a ticket from the german site since I will be leaving from germany. It took me forever to figure out how to book a flight on a site that is all german but my teacher helepd me figure it out. Well, now it seems that we have to have a german credit card with a german address to bill it to in order to buy a ticket off the site. Since our cards are still all going to an american address this has created a problem. We have decided we may just eat a few more hundred dollars and book it on another site instead of dealing with changing everything over.
Sunday began too early as Owen was up at 4:30 (with the sun shining bright into his window). I went in to check on him and he smiled at me thinking I was going to get him up. I had no intention of getting up this early so I nursed him a few minutes and laid him back down praying he would go back to sleep. Luckily he did until about 8 or so. We had a pretty lazy morning and didn't get much done at all. Here are the kids eating lunch,

Maggie was less than thrilled with hers I guess.


The kids took their naps and when they woke up Maggie could not stop pestering Owen. She was hitting him, throwing things at him and laying on top of him despite all the spankings she got. We decided we just needed to get out of the house so luckily there was a kids festival going on downtown. We took the train, which Maggie always loves, and went to check it out. They must use all of the same rides for every carnival because they had the same rides as the last carnival downtown. Maggie spotted the beauty and the beast teacup and that is what she wanted to ride. Well, they were getting ready to start the ride adn some lady comes and sits her kid in the teacup with Maggie. This kids is screaming at the top of his lungs and obviously doesn't want to ride. He is doing everythign but jumping out of the teacup and Joe and I are standing there secretly wishing he would. Maggie just keeps looking at us and I wasn't sure if she was going to cry. The ride starts and this kid is leaning over the side with his hands down his throat. I thought for sure he was going to make himself puke which would have totally freaked Maggie out so I am furious that my kid, who loves this ride, is not having fun since this crybaby kid won't just sit down adn ride. I begin to say loudly that this lady needs to get him off the ride. I am not sure why I bothered since we were in Germany and obviously no one even knew what I was saying since they didn't even look my way. Well, I decide to get my camera out so you all could see the photos from this expereience and when Maggie saw me taking the pictures she just looked at us adn grinned real big.


It was so cute, she began spinning the teacup more and more, which made this boy cry harder but she just kept laughing. (not at him, just out of having fun) Anyhow, when she got off the ride she said, "mom, that boy was werid." Okay, so I probably should have told her that no, he wasn't weird but we're in Germany....so I didn't.

We rode a few more rides, got some ice cream

and by then the wind blowing off the sea was pretty cold so we headed back to the train to go home. I guess everyone had been there today becasue the train to felde (where we live) was packed and there were more people trying to get in it. We had a stroller with us so Joe gets Owen out so he can break it down to make us have less space to take up. I have both kids in my arms and begin to push my way on the train and Joe follows. We are packed like sardines in this thing and if we hadn't had to wait another hour for the next train I would have waited but luckily for us it's only a 8 min. train ride back. That was pretty much our weekend, nothing fabulous but today is another holiday here so Joe has the day off. So far we have done nothing this morning aside from Joe and Maggie putting Owen in a suitcase and pulling him around the house, this game kept them quite occupied while I blogged.




Since nothing is opened since it's a holiday I hope to clean the house a little while the kids are sleeping since Wendy and her family will be here on thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Owen. He looks so happy and cute! I don't think Maggie was very impressed by her new friend. He is too wimpy for her.

Mary said...

Did Neila have her baby?