I love Maggie's age right now, she is always saying the cutest things. I don't think I have a favorite age, every age has seemed to be the perfect age at the time, but I must say she is alot of fun right now. Yesterday evening we sat down to eat dinner and Joe began to say the prayer. Right in the middle of his prayer Maggie bursts out singing "Jesus loves me". I am not sure if she was lead to do this or if it was just Joe's mention of Jesus that triggered this song but we let her take over the blessing and sing her song. About halfway through the chorus she stops abruptly, picks up her fork and says, "okay, I am done....let's eat."
She has been singing alot latley, at times she is a total replicate of my sister! (yea, i know amanda.....I am getting it back for badgering you all the time for singing) A few days ago I heard her in the playroom singing and figured out she was singing "deep and wide." As I listened, this was her lyrics..."deep and round, deep and round there's a mountain going deep and round." It was too cute.
The sibling rivalry has already begun between she and Owen. He, I must say, has become quite a pest to her at times. For example, if he is awake we have to put him in the front of the stroller adn Maggie in the back because he continually pulls her hair or kicks her in the head. She on the other hand has a problem with sharing with Owen. I will watch her take something from him and when she realizes I see she has it she pats his head and says, "oh, thank you Owen, thanks for sharing with Maggie." Owen has his own form of crawling, it isn't the contemperary way of on your hands and knees. He is more like a seal or snake and just "worms" his way around. It seems to work for him and Maggie is hoping that this is as mobile as he gets I think. She's really in for it when he begins walking. Well, nothing much is going on today. My friend Wendy and her family will be here next Thursday and we have a trip planned to go to Amsterdam next weekend so that will be fun. To top it all off my sister and Tres will be there on Sunday so we get to see them!!! I am so excited and she his too. I think it will be good for both of us to have some sis time. Of course, I am guessing she is looking even more forward to Maggie and Owen time! Maggie is excited too, I told her she gets to see manda and Tres and she smiled and asked if they would sing and dance with her. I told her,"without a doubt!"
1 comment:
I wish I were going to Amsterdam too. I'm so jealous. Wouldn't that just be perfect? I love all of the stories about Maggie and Owen. It helps to hear them, since they are so far away. Let her sing her little heart out!!!!
Post a Comment