Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Same old thing

I haven't posted for a few days because nothing is really going on here. This past weekend we just hung out around the house and then went downtown on sunday afternoon to "Kiel Week". There are about 3 million people who come here for the week to watch sailboat races...or something like that. Anyhow, there are lots of stands saleing various foods and goods and lots of concerts so it's a pretty big deal. Downtown there is a huge play area for kids with sand and slides and such.



Maggie loves going there and had fun playing with 2 other little girls her age. Owen enjoyed sitting in the sand and of course eating it. I don't know why we were surprised since Owen is the worlds worst baby I have ever seen about eating things. I guess we figured that after he tasted it once he would see it was gross and not try it anymore, but he ate it not once, twice....but THREE times. After that we decided sand time was over.
























Here is a picture of Joe and Maggie inside a huge fountain at one of the parks.








I have told several of you about these HUGE snails that we have here everywhere. It rained this weekend so they all came out and Joe got a few pictures of some big ones.

At any given trip outside you will easily see 5-6 of them ranging in huge to tiny babies. Maggie hates them and is constantly on the lookout since she's scared to death of stepping on one.

The kids and I headed to Hamburg this morning to pick up Joe's friend Rob who is here to visit for the week. They are going to the world cup game this Thursday adn are both super excited. He was supposed to come in yesterday but his first flight got delayed which made him miss his flight out of boston to paris so he had to stay overnight in boston and fly in today. Gosh....I sure hope that doesn't happen to the kids and I!!! Speaking of which.........we leave a week from today! We are really excited. It will be so nice to get back home for awhile, just wish we could bring Joe with us. That would make it perfect! The kids are really going to miss him while we're gone....not as much as I am sure he will miss them though. I am hoping the next time he see's maggie she will be potty trained. The would for sure be a nice surprise! I told Mom that is the goal this summer and it's going to be a joint effort with us all to get her to do it. Well, that is all that is going on here, just thought I would update you and let you know how we are.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Meg,
My kids would love those snails! I am glad you are getting to come home soon. I hope to be able to come and see you!

valurena said...

i can't believe you update this thing so often. you are so good meg! i can't get over how big owen is! i want to see you when you and the kids when you are here ... so, let me know when and where. lucas would FREAK if he saw those snails. he's his mother's child. although, lately, he's been picking up ants and putting them on people :) that's the influence of a man ... obviously!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Burke gang, glad to see you all are out and about! What wonderful experiences you all are having. Can't wait to see you all back home. Love, Kirsten, James, and Carlyn